About Ear Correction | Otoplasty Surgery
Protuberant ears can be a devastating aesthetic deformity. Otoplasty is a simple straight forward procedure, which can give the ears a natural shape, orientation and configuration, and have dramatic positive effects on one's self esteem.
There are two principal conditions that require Otoplasty for cosmetic reasons. These may exist in isolation or in combination.
- A "lop-ear deformity" refers to the absence of an ear-cartilage fold known as the antihelix, which is the smaller curved inner ridge of the ear that parallels the outer curve of the ear. This type of deformity presents as an abnormally shaped ear that tends to flop forward.
- The second common condition is a "cup-ear deformity," which refers to the exuberant cup-like cartilage bowl that resides near the actual ear canal that in turn makes the ear project out excessively.
- Surgery involves identifying the exact cosmetic problem and intervening in a targeted approach and on a timely basis.
The Otoplasty Advantage
Otoplasty not only provides a cosmetic improvement, but also a psychological improvement as well. Otoplasty, or ear surgery, refers to the surgical correction of ears to pin them back, reduce them in size, correct a deformity, or make them more symmetrical.
Ear Correction Procedure
Otoplasty is commonly performed in an outpatient surgical facility and takes approximately 1-2 hours. An incision is made just behind the ear, in the natural skin fold where the ear is joined to the head. Cartilage may be sculpted and bent back toward the head with non-removable sutures used to help maintain the new shape, or cartilage may be removed to create a natural-looking ear fold. Incisions are usually made behind the ear or within the ear creases.
Dressings and/or bandages will be applied to the ears post procedure for added support and protection. Your doctor will prescribe pain medication as needed. Bandages are typically removed after a few days of surgery.
ALLURE MEDSPA: The Best place for Ear Correction
Dr. Milan Doshi at Allure MedSpa is a Board Certified Otolaryngologist, which means that he has advanced surgical training with ears, in addition to his specialty training in Facial cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Doshi has pioneered a technique that allows him to perform otoplasty as an in office procedure.
Since confidentiality and utmost privacy of our clients are our prime ethics, Allure MedSpa is the most favored choice of many celebrities for their corrective and cosmetic procedures.
Generally, in Otoplasty surgery, an extremely safe combination of iv sedation and local anesthetic, and not general anesthesia is used. This technique provides superior operating conditions combined with maximal patient safety and comfort.
Privacy & Confidentiality
We at Allure MedSpa care follow highest standards of privacy and confidentiality ensuring additional comfort for our patients. For your privacy and protection, we maintain a strict non-disclosure policy.
REST & RECOVERY
The recovery for Otoplasty is rather mild. The surgery is ambulatory, meaning that the patient is allowed to return home the same day of the surgery. The patient will then return to the office on the first post-operative day.
Ear Correction Cost
Allure MedSpa which is renowned for its state-of-the-art internationally acclaimed services,offers value for the money with cosmetic procedures. To know more about the cost of your procedure request a consult by filling the form below. Your consultation is your chance to ask questions about Ear Correction and put your mind at rest. Your surgeon will be able to offer you full explanations and answers to all of your queries.
Alternatively, our Counselor will call you at your convenient time. Request a consultation right away: Book an appointment
Ear Correction Testimonials
Quick Facts about Ear Correction
Are you the right fit for the procedure?
Good candidates for otoplasty include individuals who are physically healthy, realistic in their expectations, and interested in improving the appearance of their protruding ears.
Comprehensive care, before, during & after surgery
At Allure MedSpa, we don’t simply provide surgical solutions; we recognize your needs extend beyond the surgical procedure itself.
Our dedicated post-surgical section is designed with your comfort and care in mind. Our entire staff from the expert team of anesthesiologists to nurses, will ensure you are treated with utmost care and warmth.
The Aftercare Advice
Unnecessary pressure should be avoided, so it is recommended that patients wear loose fitting shirt collars and rest on their back. Headbands might be recommended to hold the ears in the desired position up to two weeks after the surgery.
Pre-operative requirements in order to undergo surgery
- Your current health history as well as your medications and drug allergies will be reviewed.
- Routine laboratory testing is ordered.
- It is important to be sun-smart (using UVA and UVB sun protection) prior to any Face Lift procedure.
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks before and one week after surgery, as nicotine can impair circulation and healing.
- Avoid alcohol in excess for two weeks before and one week after the surgery.
Patient preparation before ear Correction Surgery
Your surgeon will give you specific instructions to prepare for the procedure.
- You should arrange for someone to drive you home after your surgery, and to help you out for a day or two.
- You should plan to take one to two weeks off of work, so swelling and bruising can resolve.
- For patients who work in sedentary jobs, two weeks should be enough time to look presentable at work.
- If your job is very strenuous, you may need more time to ensure healing is well underway.
Book Surgery with Allure MedSpa
- Plan your travel dates and simultaneously check with us for doctor’s availability on those dates.
- Send us a copy of your air tickets
- We shall accordingly plan your consultation and Concierge service (optional) and get back to you with all details
Allure MedSpa concierge service
Allure MedSpa’s clientele comprises of local, out-of-town patients. A good percentage of patients also ‘fly-in’ from out of the country to have surgery with our renowned surgeons.
We are pleased to offer and arrange comfortable lodging, restaurant, and commuting to ensure a memorable pre-and post-surgical experience for our out-of-country patients. Please feel free to contact the Counsellor Book a councelling session for assistance with any of your travel and planning needs.
Results will last for
Otoplasty results are immediate and permanent.
Next consultation if required
At Allure MedSpa, our support doesn’t end when you achieve your cosmetic and health goals. Lifelong follow-up with our multidisciplinary team is encouraged, helping you to achieve and maintain optimal results. For more information on hair transplant surgery and our extensive aftercare program or to Book an appointment, call Allure MedSpa at: 91 9869041559.
Ear Correction FAQs
- Does otoplasty surgery hurt?
During the surgery, the patient is either lightly sedated or under general anesthesia, ensuring that no pain is felt. After the surgery, patients will receive medication to minimize any side effects of the surgery, including pain and discomfort from the incisions.
- Is it quite painful? Is there much bruising?
It takes about a week for most of the swelling to subside, although the ear will be sensitive to pressure for about 2 weeks. Bruising is usually minimal, although some people are more prone to it than others. There is usually some pain postoperatively, but not a great deal, and it should be able to be controlled with prescribed pain relievers by your surgeon.
- What are the risks of otoplasty?
The risks of the operation are bleeding and infection. Both are exceedingly rare. With proper postoperative care, this is a very safe and satisfying operation that carries very little risk, offers beautiful results, and almost no discomfort from the operation itself.
You should know that your ears may feel numb for 2 to 3 months after the operation. Sensation returns slowly over that time. This is the reason that there is generally no pain in the postoperative period. This also makes the operation exceptionally well tolerated in children.
- What are the Risk involved with Ear correction otoplasty?
Fortunately, significant complications from ear correction surgery are infrequent. Every year, many people undergo successful ear surgery, experience no major problems and are delighted with the results. Anyone considering surgery, however, should be aware of both the benefits and the risks. Your surgeon will discuss these with you during your consultation
- How much do ear correction otoplasty cost?
For an estimate on how much ear correction otoplasty may cost, we recommend that you call Allure medspa on +91 98690 41559 for our latest ear correction otoplasty prices.
For specific information based on your individual needs, we will be happy to arrange a consultation.
Allure medspa provide a range of tried and proven facial treatments.