About the Process
Healthy, vibrant, and glowing skin is the main pre-requisite for a charming face. One of the most popular and effective procedures is the chemical peel, which gives your skin the opportunity for a fresh start. A skin peeling enhances and smoothen the texture of the skin. It is an effective treatment for facial blemishes, wrinkles, and uneven skin pigmentation and exfoliates the outer layers of dead skin, revealing a new layer with improved tone, texture, and colour.
Today, it is popular because they offer nearly immediate results and can be performed as an outpatient procedure.
Skin Peels at Allure Medspa:
Glycolic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that occurs naturally in sugar cane, is the most common ingredient of light skin peeling. The ingredients and formulation of this peel, however, depend upon the specific patient’s skincare needs. With light chemical peels, the solution is left on the skin for a relatively short amount of time.
When applied to the face or another part of the body, the AHA solution works by removing the outer layers so that a new, smooth layer of skin is revealed. The action of the solution stimulates the production of elastin and collagen, essential components of healthy, youthful skin.
Glycolic acid peels (AHA) are a safe and effective way to improve the look of sun-damaged skin, and they are helpful in reducing mild acne scars and fine lines. Because these exfoliate the surface of the skin and unclog pores, they are also considered and effective for acne treatment.
When a Dermatologist refers to “salicylic peels,” he or she is referring to a beta hydroxy acid.
The most common beta hydroxy acid, salicylic acid, has been used for decades as an acne remedy, and salicylic acid chemical peeling is especially effective in eliminating acne. Beta hydroxy acids are helpful because they can exfoliate oily skin and deeply penetrate the skin with no irritation.
Cosmelan has become the treatment of choice for melasma and especially for sensitive types prone to hyperpigmentation from sun exposure, heat, or blemishes. Cosmelan works by blocking the action of the process that causes hyperpigmentation.
- Cosmelan is a 2 step intensive topical treatment system designed to reduce and regulate stubborn and dense pigmentation and blotchiness. Cosmelan’s blend of synergistic ingredients works fairly quickly, resulting in an effective blending and reduction of undesirable pigment.
- Cosmelan regulates the melanin activity, causing the pigment-producing cells to slow down their abnormal over-production and function in a more uniform way. Cosmelan is “sun-friendly” so you can use the products and still have an active outdoor lifestyle. It works well on all skin types – even darker toned Asian, Mediterranean, and Latin skin. Cosmelan will also produce a slight initial peel which helps refinish the epidermal surface while diminishing hyper-pigmentation.
- Effective in all kinds of melasma and chloasma.
- It can be used at any time of the year.
- Compatible with all types of skin.
- It permits sun exposure without the risk of spots appearing.
- It is completely safe and does not include TCA or hydroquinone.
- There are minimal side effects (very little redness and flaking).
- Beneficial for acne patients by regularizing sebaceous secretion.
- Skin becomes bright and rejuvenated with lightening of spots and brown areas in just 10 days.
Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) can be used in many concentrations, but it is most commonly used for medium-depth peeling. Fine surface wrinkles, superficial blemishes, and pigment problems are commonly improved with TCA.
- Improves fine surface wrinkles
- Lessens superficial blemishes
- Helps blend pigmentation problems
- Can be used on hands, neck or other body areas
- May require pre-treatment with Retin-A or AHA creams
- The treatment takes only 10-15 minutes
- Peel depth can be adjusted
- Repeat treatment may be needed to maintain results
- Sunblock must be used for several months
How TCA Peels Work:
Trichloracetic acid (TCA) peels work by coagulating protein. Typical strengths used vary from 15% up to 50% (although when treating acne scars, higher strengths are used with great success). TCA peels may or may not contain dyes to make them blue. (Most people have heard of Blue Peel. which includes a blue dye so it is visually easy to apply.)
TCA is applied after thorough cleansing with acetone or other degreasing agents. This is done to assure an even peel. We will taper the strength by applying a slightly lower strength to the ears and neck in order to avoid a major difference in epidermal tone between the areas.
Retinoicacid Peel/ Yellow Peel
Retinoic acid peel (yellow peel) belongs to skin treatments with a short recovery period. Retinoids (synthesized equivalents of vitamin A) regulate the processes of differentiation, proliferation, and intercellular communication. When retinoid gets into a cell, they make a bond with nuclear sensors. As a result, particular sections of the cell genome are activated or decelerated.
The main advantages of this treatment are minimal skin damage, a brief recovery period, and a low probability of complications.
Indications for Use of Retinoic Acid Peels:
- Lack of collagen production
- Disruption of the skin’s natural moisture balance
- Mimic wrinkles
- Loss of skin elasticity and strength
- Need for skin whitening
- Excessive pigmentation caused by solar radiation
- Skin aging and photo-aging
- The retinoic acid peel can also effectively cleanse the skin, has anti-inflammatory effects, makes skin glow, improves skin texture and structure, and provides a lifting effect.