Stubborn body fat that doesn’t respond to diet or exercise is a concern for both men and women. Fortunately, liposuction surgery is rapidly gaining popularity as a safe and effective way to remove excess fat. When used in conjunction with a Fat Removal procedure is often associated with women, more and more men are turning to lipo surgery as a way to achieve a slimmer and more defined physique. However, there are some key differences between men and women that should be taken into consideration.
How Liposuction for Men and Women are different?
- Men and women have different body shapes and proportions. Men tend to carry excess fat in the upper body, particularly around the abdomen and chest, while women tend to carry more fat in the hips, thighs, and buttocks. As a result, the liposuction procedure for men is often focused on the abdominal fat area, love handles, and chest (to treat gynecomastia, or enlarged male breasts . In contrast, the procedure for women may focus on the hips, thighs, and buttocks.
- Another key difference between men and women is skin thickness . Men typically have thicker skin than women, which can make it more difficult to achieve a smooth, even contour after liposuction. To address this liposuction for men may require more aggressive fat removal techniques, such as power assisted liposuction (PAL) or ultrasound assisted liposuction (UAL).
- Men tend to have more muscle mass than women, which can also impact the liposuction procedure. In some cases, liposuction may be combined with other procedures, such as abdominoplasty(tummy tuck) or pectoral implants, to achieve the desired results.
Related Blog: 10 Common Misconceptions About Liposuction
Liposuction Surgery Recovery Time for Men and Women
Recovery time after Body Contouring Surgery may also differ for men and women. Men may need more time to recover due to their larger body size and the nature of the procedure. It is important for men to follow post-operative care instructions closely to ensure a successful recovery
Liposuction Before and After
Liposuction Procedure Preparation
- Before undergoing liposuction, you will need to schedule a consultation with a qualified cosmetic surgeon to discuss your goals, medical history, and any potential risks associated with the procedure.
- Your surgeon will likely request a medical evaluation to ensure that you are healthy enough to undergo the liposuction.
- In the weeks leading up to the procedure, it is important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly to ensure that you are in optimal health for the surgery.
You will need to avoid certain medications and supplements that can increase the risk of bleeding, such as aspirin and ibuprofen, in the weeks leading up to the procedure.
At Allure MedSpa, Mumbai,India we take a customized approach to Lipoplasty for both men and women, taking into account factors such as body shape, skin thickness, and muscle mass. If you’re considering Liposculpting, it’s crucial to consult with our renowned cosmetic surgeon, Dr Milan Doshi, who has over 23 years of experience performing the procedure on both genders. With the right approach, this treatment can be a highly effective method for achieving a more defined, streamlined physique.
To learn more about our liposuction procedures, book a consultation with us today. We also offer virtual consultations for added convenience and cost-effectiveness, allowing you to receive personalized recommendations from the comfort of your own home.
Speak to One of Our Friendly and Knowledgeable Advisers Today: +919869041559 (Get Quick Reply on WhatsApp:+919987571559)