Lip Augmentation Procedure
The lips can be divided into several different areas that can be addressed with surgical and non-surgical procedures.
Lip Augmentation is a broad term used to describe any procedure that is performed to alter the size, symmetry, and shape of your lips.
There are two primary types of lip lifts:
- A corner lip lift will address the corner of the mouth, otherwise known as the commissure. A corner lip lift will elevate this part of the mouth when it has begun to droop.
- An upper lip lift serves to raise the vermillion, or upper border, of the upper lip. This is done with an incision directly on the border or right underneath the nose. The subnasal lip lift, places the incision at the base of the nose. The procedure is easily performed in the center with numbing injections. An tiny incision is made at the base of the nose at the junction of the nose and lip. The skin and soft tissue are excised. A few deep stitches are placed to lift the lip upward and the skin and soft tissue are then meticulously closed in multiple layers to minimize the appearance of the scar. The fine stitches placed in the skin are removed around five days after the procedure. The scar is well hidden, and after the healing is complete can be difficult to detect.
Lip Augmentation with Fat Transfer Procedure
Lip augmentation with fat transfer augments the volume of the lips through the careful injection of fat that has been harvested from a donor site on the patient’s own body (i.e. abdomen, thighs, or buttocks). Because the injections are composed of the patient’s own tissue, the risk of rejection is negligible and the chances of successful, permanent integration are very high. Another benefit of this technique is that it is highly customizable, which allows the practitioner to select the precise amount of fat to inject in order to achieve the patient’s aesthetic goals.
Although technically a surgical procedure, lip augmentation with fat transfer:
- Is minimally invasive
- Can be performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia
- Requires a recovery period of just a few days,
- Produces immediate results!
For patients who desire fuller lips or reduction of lip lines with a more youthful contour, permanent lip implantation is a great alternative to injectable fillers. Implants are often ideal for patients who have tried filler injections and are now seeking a more permanent solution. The implant is placed along the wet-dry border of the lips to give a very natural volume enhancement without a “duck lips” appearance.
The lip Implant is normally a soft, flexible, solid silicone implant that is tapered at both ends to nicely match the natural shape of your lip. The implants comes in several sizes to allow a customized augmentation of your lips. While the lip implant provides permanent augmentation of the lips, the implant can easily be removed or exchanged for a different size if desired.
ALLURE MEDSPA: The Best place for Lip Augmentation
The key to a beautiful lip enhancement procedure is to maintain appropriate contour and balance between the upper and lower lips and with the rest of the facial features. The lips are a very delicate area of the face, and in order to ensure optimal results while avoiding common complications such as lip asymmetry or over-filling the lips (“duck lips”), any alterations to the lips require the experience and skillset of a talented cosmetic surgeon.
Equipped with unparalleled knowledge of the underlying structures of the face and vast experience in dealing with delicate facial nerve, the expertise of Dr. Milan Doshi makes Allure MedSpa one of the most favored destinations of patients seeking Face Lift from all over the world.
Since confidentiality and utmost privacy of our clients are our prime ethics, Allure MedSpa is the most favored choice of many celebrities for their corrective and cosmetic procedures.
MAC (monitored anaesthesia care) or local anaesthesia may be used for lip enhancement.
Privacy & Confidentiality
We at Allure MedSpa care follow highest standards of privacy and confidentiality ensuring additional comfort for our patients. For your privacy and protection, we maintain a strict non-disclosure policy.
REST & RECOVERY
The downtime from a surgical Lip Lift procedure is around one week. The scar will continue to improve over the next few weeks. Some patients may have some numbness in the area that typically resolves in a month after the procedure.