Difference Between Botox and Juvederm
You might have certainly come across the terms Botox and Juvederm when you go for cosmetic treatments. Many people might be confused about what they are what might they represent in the cosmetic industry. So in order to clear all the doubts here in this article we will discuss about all the differences in both the products.
1. What are Botox and Juvederm?
Botox is a brand name that refers to purified botulinum toxin that has been obtained from bacteria and is a type of protein as its main ingredient whereas Juvederm on the other hand pinpoints to a specific line of cosmetic filler which contains hyaluronic acid as its main ingredient. Botox is available in the form of dried powder ready to use in a vial and labeled as ‘units’ in the market. Juvederm is available in the market in the form of pre-filled injections in gel formulation.
2. Are there any sub-types Of Botox and Juvederm?
Botox is available i the market in two forms mainly i.e. Type A and Type B. Juvederm is also available in many forms such as Juvederm Volbella XC, Juvederm Ultra XC, Juvederm Ultra Plus XC, Juvederm Vollure XC, Juvederm XC and Juvederm Voluma XC.
3. What are the indications Of Botox and Juvederm?
Botox is used for the following indications
- To lessen frown lines(Glabellar lines)
- To lessen wrinkles around the eyes(Crow’s feet)
- To lessen eyelid spasms(Blepharospasm)
- To lessen cobblestone skin on the chin(Strabismus)
- To lessen lines at the corner of the mouth
- To lessen crossed eyes(Strabismus)
- In neurological nerve disorder called as cervical dystonia
- To improve jawline definition(Neferteetii)
- Massetter botox(Broad Face)
Juvederm is a filler and is used for the following indications Restoring fullness in under eyes hollows, cheekbones and deep wrinkles
- Jaw augmentation
- Butt augmentation
- Nose augmentation
- Chin augmentation
- Hand, face and feet rejuvenation
- Smile lift
- Brow lift
- Plump lips
- Removing fine lines/wrinkles
- Diminishing scars
4. How Does Botox and Juvederm Work?
Botox works by temporarily blocking necessary signals from the nerves to the muscle which help muscle to contract. As a result the muscle is relaxed now and is unable to contract thus reducing your fine lines and wrinkles. Juvederm basically hyaluronic acid that plumps up or fills the void in the space and also helps to hydrate the skin thus giving a smoother appearance.
5. How much time do Botox and Juvederm take to show results?
In case of Botox the results start to appear in 24hrs to 48 hours and take about 1 to 2 weeks for the complete effect to be seen. Juvederm on the other hand take almost no time and the results are seen immediately.
6. How long do the results of Botox and Juvederm last?
The results of botox last for usually 3 to 6 months. In case of Juvederm the results can last anywhere from between 6 months to 2 years but depends on factors such as the type of filler used and the area where it was injected.
7. How much Botox and Juvederm cost?
The cost of botox depends on a number of factors such as the area where it needs to be injected and the number of units administered. And the cost of Juvederm depends upon the type of filler used, the area where the filler is to be injected and the amount used.