About the Hymenoplasty
The hymen is the thin piece of vaginal mucosa (membrane) that runs across the lower part of the vagina. This membrane is tightly stretched. The upper part of the vagina is not obstructed by the membrane so that, during menstruation, blood can freely pass through.
The hymen may tear when participating in active sports such as gymnastics, horseback riding, or cycling. The use of tampons or an intense fall can also break the hymen.
Hymenoplasty is a very delicate and meticulous procedure that places the hymen ring and tissues in close proximity to each other.
The Hymen Restoration Advantage.
An intact hymen was earlier and, in many cultures still considered as a symbol of woman’s virginity. But the hymen is a so thin a tissue that may be torn in many non-sexual ways too.
Women all over the world and particularly from Latin America and Middle Eastern cultures are greatly concerned about their virginity and often seek to restore their “virginity” as it implies chastity. For some women, it is important that their hymen be intact while unmarried due to cultural, religious, social or ethnic reasons. As a result, hymen restoration has become one of the most popular cosmetic surgical procedures for women around the world.
What is the Hymenoplasty
Hymenoplasty is a surgical procedure involving utmost precision. The sections of the hymen (usually the upper-layer of tissues) that have been torn are removed. After the torn tissues are removed, the remaining edges are stitched together. Doing so, recreates a star-shaped hymenal ’ring’. This ring imitates the original hymenal structural before it was broken.
The newly formed small ‘ring’ will continue to fuse together over time. Eventually, it will very closely resemble the original hymen. The hole will be quite small, therefore, after marriage or whatever the occasion may be, the tissue will tear and bleed as it did once before.
Recently, laser has been applicable to Hymenoplasty. Consequently, there have been benefits including more precision and accuracy as a result of the surgical wound control, less blood loss, less risk of vessel and lower tissue damages and quicker recovery time thus bringing about better results than using the old conventional scalpel procedure.
The rate of post-surgical complications is low specially when laser is utilized by an experienced surgeon and you carefully and religiously follow our post-op policies.
ALLURE MEDSPA:The best place for Hymenoplasty
Hymenoplasty is one of the most complex and meticulous cosmetic surgeries performed today. It requires extensive experience, precision, and accuracy to create the optimal results you desire and deserve. Dr. Milan Doshi is renowned to perform such delicate procedures as Hymenoplasty with utmost precision and care.
Women from around the world visit Allure MedSpa to have their Labiaplasty performed by Dr.Milan Doshi.
Since confidentiality and utmost privacy of our clients are our prime ethics, Allure MedSpa is the most favored choice of many celebrities for their corrective and cosmetic procedures.
Intravenous Sedation and a Local Anesthetic will be administered to a patient before surgery.
Privacy & Confidentiality
We at Allure MedSpa care follow highest standards of privacy and confidentiality ensuring additional comfort for our patients. For your privacy and protection, we maintain a strict non-disclosure policy.
REST & RECOVERY
This is a minor surgical procedure; in general, it takes about an hour to complete surgery.
Recovery usually takes about two weeks, sometimes more.
- Recovery varies individually, within 1 day after the surgery, you can have movement around, but you should refrain from work and other daily activities in 2-3 days after the surgery.
- Within 2-4 weeks after the surgery, the surgical wound does not heal well, you may do your daily activities gradually and energy-consuming physical activities should be limited.
- Within 4-6 weeks after the surgery, you may start your usual activities, yet avoiding heavy activities and exercises.
- After 6 weeks of the surgery, relaxing exercises and lifting light weights are permitted. However, you should refrain from running, soaking in bathtub, swimming, heavy lifting, cycling, other heavy activities and sexual intercourse for 8 weeks after the surgery.
Allure MedSpa which is renowned for its state-of-the-art internationally acclaimed services, offers affordable and cost effective cosmetic gynecology procedures. To know more about the cost of your procedure request a consult by filling the form below. Your consultation is your chance to ask questions about Hymenoplasty and put your mind at rest. Your surgeon will be able to offer you full explanations and answers to all of your queries.
Alternatively, our Counselor will call you at your convenient time. Request a consultation right away: Book an appointment
Quick Facts about Hymenoplasty
Are you the right fit for the procedure?
The decision to undergo a Hymenoplasty is a very personal one. Your doctor will ensure you have all the information about the procedure to be able to take the right decision.
Hymenoplasty is not a suitable option for women who have vaginally birthed a child. Preferably, women should also never have been pregnant.
Comprehensive care, before, during & after surgery
Our dedicated team of surgeons, doctors, nurses and counselors is designed with your comfort and care in mind. Our entire staff from the expert team of doctors to nurses, will ensure that you are treated with utmost care and warmth.
The Aftercare Advice
You will remain under observation for a day or so. The swelling will begin to subside and your discomfort/pain will gradually decrease. You will be monitored at recovery room for 1 hour. Nausea and vomiting may be experienced, as a side effect of the spinal anesthesia or the general anesthesia, which is noted to be relieved as soon as its effect wears off.
- You will be given antibiotics, anti-inflammatory to lessen the wound pain, and a laxative drug.
- A foley catheter may be inserted to avoid the retention of urine especially in the first few days after the procedure. Then, when the tension disappears, you will be able to urinate.
- You are allowed to take a shower after the removal of the urinary catheter.
- Milan Doshi will allow you to return home after the following things are checked: no abnormal bleeding from the surgical wound, the post-operative instructions are being reviewed with you and you can urinate after the urinary catheter removal.
- The important preparations you should know before the surgery are that within 2-3 day after the surgery you should take adequate rest (refrain from work) and be still to enable the wound to heal faster, and have a less movement as possible to avoid wound disruption for 1 week after the surgery. You should refrain from some types of exercise affecting pelvic muscle movement and sexual intercourse for 8 weeks after the surgery.
Pre-operative requirements in order to undergo surgery
A general health check-up is recommended. In case you have vaginal fungal or bacterial infection, you should completely treat it before the procedure to avoid wound infection.
Patient preparation before Hymen Restoration Surgery
You may also be asked about your expectations for treatment and if you have any allergies or any condition that wouldn't make you a good candidate for the procedure, as well as other additional inquiries.
You have to refrain from drinking water or food for at least 6 hours prior to the surgery in order to decrease the risk of aspirating gastric contents during or after surgery. This complication is very serious and you need to strictly follow our recommendations.
How to get a medical visa?
Visa is the foremost pre-requisite while you are planning your medical travel to India. You need to apply for visa at your local Indian Embassy. Please send us a copy of your passport and probable travel dates to facilitate an invitation letter for visa from our side. Visa processing takes up to two weeks.
Visa on Arrival
Visit here for visa on arrival
Book Surgery with Allure MedSpa
- Plan your travel dates and simultaneously check with us for doctor’s availability on those dates.
- Send us a copy of your air tickets.
- We shall accordingly plan your consultation and Concierge service (optional) and get back to you with all details.
Allure MedSpa concierge service
Allure MedSpa’s clientele comprises of local, out-of-town patients. A good percentage of patients also ‘fly-in’ from out of the country to have surgery with our renowned surgeons.
We are pleased to offer and arrange comfortable lodging, restaurant, and commuting to ensure a memorable pre-and post-surgical experience for our out-of-country patients. Please feel free to contact the Counsellor Book a councelling session for assistance with any of your travel and planning needs.
Because the labia have such a robust blood supply, they are relatively quick to heal after Hymenoplasty and are resilient. "Post Hymenoplasty pain", like pain after any other surgical procedure, is variable from one patient to the next.
Results will last for
The time taken for the final result of Labiaplasty to will vary from person to person. But the gold standard answer is 2-3 months until a "final result" can be judged. Nonetheless, most patients will appreciate a very near final result in about half that time.
Next consultation if required
At Allure MedSpa, our support doesn’t end when your health and cosmetic goals. Lifelong follow-up with our multidisciplinary team is encouraged, helping you to achieve and maintain optimal results.
For more information on Hymenoplasty and our extensive aftercare program or to Book an appointment, call Allure MedSpa at: +91 9869041559