About the process
Over time, breasts lose their youthful uprightness, elasticity and fullness, leaving many women feeling unhappy and discontent with the shape, size and position of their breasts causing loss of self-esteem and embarrassment.
The Breast Lift Advantage
A Breast Lift, also known as a mastopexy, restores a more youthful, attractive shape, proportion and balance to the breasts.
Unlike a breast augmentation, which involves inserting an implant into the breasts, a breast lift achieves its new heights by getting rid of and tightening excess skin. This will not adjust the size of your breasts, but it will make them look perkier and more youthful. It must be noted that a breast lift cannot permanently situate your breasts at a higher position, but it can postpone the effects of gravity and time.
Besides fundamentally improving confidence, self-esteem and body image, common reasons for a Breast Lift are:
- Breasts that are pendulous, but of satisfactory size
- Breasts that lack substance or firmness
- Nipple/areola complexes that point downward (especially if they are positioned below the breast fold)
What is the Breast Lift Procedure
A Breast Lift (otherwise known as a Mastopexy) is a surgical procedure that can be performed using a number of different techniques to correct sagging, deflated breasts (known as breast ptosis).
The procedure is typically 1-1.5 hours, but will vary between patients depending on the extent of work required and the desired outcome.
The Vertical Sling Technique – A New and Advanced Procedure
- The Vertical Sling technique is the latest and most advanced Breast Lift procedure. It is variation of a Vertical Breast Lift (also known as a Keyhole Breast Lift), which elevates and reshapes the entire breast, and can therefore be considered a full Breast Lift. In the Vertical Sling approach, the chest muscle (pectoralis major) is used to support part of the breast tissue by forming a Chest Muscle Sling, thereby giving an enhanced and longer-lasting Breast Lift.
- During the procedure, a doughnut shaped piece of skin is removed following the Peri-Areolar method above, but with additional skin removed by also placing a straight incision directly from under the areola to the breast fold (infra-mammary fold.) The chest muscle (pectoralis major) is then dissected from the chest wall and part of the breast tissue is folded under and sutured to the muscle. The surrounding skin is pulled upward and/or inward towards the areola and sutured in place.
- Milan Doshi’s advanced and meticulous wound closure techniques minimize the appearance of the scars on the breast.
All Breast Lift procedures involve the placement of incisions on the breasts using one of a number of different techniques. Dr. Doshi predominantly uses the Peri-Areolar and Vertical Sling techniques to perform Breast Lift surgeries, due to the enhanced results and minimal scarring he achieves with these methods.
The technique that is chosen for your surgery will depend on:
- Your existing breast anatomy.
- Personal goals.
- The amount of breast elevation (ptosis correction) needed.
- The elasticity of your skin.
The procedure will be performed in the Operating Room under absolute sterile conditions to minimize the risk of infection. After the incisions on your breasts have been made, Dr. Doshi will meticulously re position the breast tissue to give an uplifted appearance and fuller projection. When your surgery is completed, you will be taken into the Recovery Room where you will be closely monitored. The new look to your breasts will start appearing after surgery and the optimal result will be seen once the breasts are fully healed.
During your breast lift recovery, dressings will be applied to the incisions after the procedure is completed.
You'll need to wear an support bra to minimize swelling and support your breasts as they heal.
A small, thin tube may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess blood or fluid that may collect. You will be given specific instructions that may include.
At Allure MedSpa, our unique approach to Breast Lift surgery will ensure that your whole experience, from the moment of your first consultation with Dr. Milan Doshi, through to your recovery after surgery, is as positive and comfortable as it can be. Individualized planning, meticulous surgical technique, careful monitoring and post-surgical care all combine to ensure that we offer you the best possible long-lasting results for your Breast Lift.
Having performed numerous Breast Lift surgeries, Dr. Doshi is a highly experienced Cosmetic Breast Surgeon with the surgical skill and cosmetic artistry to beautifully restore the appearance of youthful breasts to your body.
Since confidentiality and utmost privacy of our clients are our prime ethics, Allure MedSpa is the most favored choice of many celebrities for their corrective and cosmetic procedures.
A general anesthetic will be administered to you during your Breast Lift surgery, so that you will be asleep and comfortable throughout the procedure.
Privacy & Confidentiality
We at Allure MedSpa care follow highest standards of privacy and confidentiality ensuring additional comfort for our patients. For your privacy and protection, we maintain a strict non-disclosure policy.
Rest & Recovery
Breast Lift Cost
Allure Medspa which is renowned for its state-of-the-art internationally acclaimed services, offers affordable and cost effective cosmetic procedures. To know more about the Breast Lift Cost of request a consult by simply filling and submit the Book an appointment form. Your consultation is your chance to ask questions about Breast Lift Surgery and put your mind at rest. Your surgeon will be able to offer you full explanations and answers to all of your queries.
Alternatively, our counsellor will call you at your convenient time. Request a consultation right away: Book an Appointment
Breast Lift Testimonials
Quick Facts about Breast Lift
Are you the right fit for the procedure?
You may be a good breast lift candidate if:
- You are physically healthy and maintain a stable weight
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts sag or have lost shape and volume
- Your breasts have a flatter, elongated shape or are pendulous
- When unsupported, your nipples fall below the breast crease
- Your nipples and areolas point downward
- You have stretched skin and enlarged areolas
The best candidates are women who have all the information, fully understand what the surgery involves and its limitations, and who have a realistic expectation.
Comprehensive care, before, during & after surgery
There are several scheduled follow-up visits with Dr.Milan Doshi, at one week, three months, and one year following breast reduction. The doctor and his wonderful staff will be available to you at any time during your recovery.
The Aftercare Advantage/ Advice
As soon as you are fully awake after surgery and are able to leave the Recovery Room, you will be encouraged to get out of bed (or up from a lying position) for short periods of time. The following day you should be able to move about more comfortably. Straining, bending and lifting must be avoided, however, since these activities might cause increased swelling or even bleeding.
For at least 4 weeks after surgery, you will be required to sleep on your back to avoid pressure on your breasts. You will need to wear a surgical support bra at all times (except brief periods when washing) for 6 weeks in order to maintain the shape and position of your breasts, and to allow proper healing. Incisions will gradually fade in most patients until they blend in better with the surrounding skin.
Pre-operative requirements in order to undergo surgery
In preparing for breast lift surgery, you may be asked to:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Get a baseline mammogram before surgery and another one after surgery to help detect any future changes in your breast tissue
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
Be sure to arrange for someone to drive you to and from surgery and to stay with you for at least the first night following surgery.
Patient preparation before Breast lift Surgery
You will be given thorough instructions on how best to prepare for your surgery. Important preparation for your recovery after surgery include:
- Organize your affairs and schedule, so that you can completely relax and rest after surgery.
- Make sure you arrange for someone to bring you to the clinic and to collect you after the surgery. Make sure you have someone who can spend the first 24 hours after the surgery with you, to ensure your safety - you must not be left alone.
Book Surgery with Allure MedSpa
- Plan your travel dates and simultaneously check with us for doctor’s availability on those dates.
- Send us a copy of your air tickets
- We shall accordingly plan your consultation and Concierge service (optional) and get back to you with all details
- Note: We do not ask for any advance payments or deposits.
Allure MedSpa concierge service
Allure MedSpa’s clientele comprises of local, out-of-town patients. A good percentage of patients also ‘fly-in’ from out of the country to have surgery with our renowned surgeons.
We are pleased to offer and arrange comfortable lodging, restaurant, and commuting to ensure a memorable pre-and post-surgical experience for our out-of-country patients.
Please feel free to contact the Counsellor +91 9869041559 for assistance with any of your travel and planning needs.
The results of your breast lift surgery are immediately visible. Over time, post-surgical swelling will resolve and incision lines will fade.
Satisfaction with your new image should continue to grow as you recover from surgery. The final results of your breast lift will appear over the next few weeks as breast shape and position continue to settle.
Results will last for
The results of your breast lift surgery will be long-lasting. Over time, your breasts can continue to change due to aging and gravity. You'll be able to retain your new look longer if you:
- Maintain your weight
- Keep a healthy lifestyle
Following your physician's instructions is essential to the success of your surgery.
Next consultation if required
At Allure MedSpa, our support doesn’t end when you achieve your cosmetic and health goals. Lifelong follow-up with our multidisciplinary team is encouraged, helping you to achieve and maintain optimal results.
For more information on Breast Lift Surgery and our extensive aftercare program or to schedule an appointment, call Allure MedSpa at: +91 9869041559.
Breast Lift FAQs
- Should Breast Lift be considered after one is done with pregnancies?
Breast surgery should be entertained after child bearing is completed.
Changes that occur in the breasts during pregnancy can minimize or reverse the improvement a breast lift provides.
Likewise, significant weight loss after breast surgery can negatively impact breast appearance.
- Is there any upper age limit for a Breast Lift Surgery?
You are never too old for a Breast Lift. Age is not a deciding factor. Your overall health is. Any woman, regardless of her age, may be a good candidate for a Breast Lift providing she is healthy, in good physical shape, and understands the risks associated with a Breast Lift procedure.
- What happens to a woman’s breasts during and after pregnancy?
After pregnancy and breastfeeding, your breasts will either revert to their pre-pregnancy state or possibly leave you with a deflated and sagging appearance. It normally takes about 3 months for these changes to happen, and for that reason you should wait and not rush into surgery too early. Dr. Doshi recommends that you wait until your breasts have stabilized (until they are not changing any longer) before planning your surgery. If you were to otherwise have your breast surgery earlier, it would be like trying to hit a moving target.
- What is a Peri-Aerolar Breast lift?
The Peri-Areolar technique is a surgical Breast Lift procedure designed to raise the nipple and minimize scarring by limiting it to the areola only. This procedure is ideal for women whose breasts have very mild sagging (breast ptosis) and where only 1 – 2 cm of lift is required.
- What is a vertical Breast lift?
Vertical Breast Lift surgery is a full Breast Lift procedure where the entire breast is reshaped and lifted. This is a more extensive procedure than a Peri-Areolar Breast Lift and is used in women who require more than 2 cm of lift to correct their sagging breasts (breast ptosis).
- What is a Vertical Sling Breast Lift?
The new Vertical Sling technique is the latest and most advanced variation of a Breast Lift. In this approach, the breast tissue is reconstructed on the inside, thereby creating a perkier, fuller look (similar to that achieved with breast implants) and longer-lasting results.
- Will it be possible to correct my Breast Asymmetry?
Yes, improvements to breast asymmetry are always addressed during Breast Lift surgery, but perfect symmetry can never be achieved and nor is it naturally present in any woman. In more pronounced cases of breast volume and shape asymmetry, breast implants may be required to modify the profile and/or size of one or both breasts to adjust for this asymmetry
- Do I need a mammogram before a Breast lift?
Women who are 40 years-old or above, or those with a strong family history of breast cancer, should be screened. It is important to determine that the breasts are free from any disease prior to cosmetic breast surgery. Dr. Doshi will assess you during your consultation and determine what investigations are required prior to your surgery. If you have any concerns regarding breast cancer (such as a strong family history of breast cancer or lumps in your breasts), please make sure to mention these during your consultation.
- What if I also want larger breasts?
If you wish to enlarge your breasts at the same time as you are having them lifted, your surgeon can insert breast implants. Ask her or him to discuss the procedure with you and assess your suitability for breast enlargement.
- Are there any risks?
Fortunately, significant complications from breast uplifts Mastopexy are infrequent. Every year, many women undergo successful breast lift surgery, experience no major problems and are delighted with the results.
Anyone considering surgery, however, should be aware of both the benefits and the risks. Your surgeon will discuss these with you during your consultation.
- What happens after breast uplift surgery?
After breast uplift surgery, you should be prepared to spend one night in hospital. Your breasts may experience some swelling and bruising for the next few days and it is recommended that you wear a support bra during this time. It may also be advisable to sleep on your back to avoid putting too much pressure on your breasts. Stitches will be removed up to two weeks after breast uplift surgery or will gradually dissolve.
- When will I see the results?
Be patient with your breasts you will need to allow them some time to assume their new shape and for you to see the final results.
Unless you gain or lose a significant amount of weight or become pregnant, your new breast shape should remain constant for many years.
- When can I resume normal activities?
Recovery time varies between individuals. Depending on the extent of your Mastopexy and your general physical condition, you may be able to return to non-strenuous work after 7–14 days. In many instances, the incision marks will fade away to faint lines. Fortunately, the incisions for Mastopexy are in areas easily concealed by clothing, even low cut necklines.
- Can I expect aftercare?
At Allure medspa, we take a special pride in our excellent levels of post-operative support and aftercare. To monitor your progress, we will invite you back to Allure medspa at prescribed intervals for follow-up examinations with your surgeon or our nursing staff.
- How much does a breast lift cost?
For an estimate on how much a breast lift may cost, we recommend that you call Allure medspa on +91 9869041559 for our latest breast lift prices.
For specific information based on your individual needs, we will be happy to arrange a consultation.
Allure medspa is one of the India’s leaders in Breast lift Surgery – Mastopexy procedures