About Revision Rhinoplasty
The be-all and end-all of any face enhancing procedure is to achieve the most aesthetic facial harmony. The nose, undoubtedly is one of the most distinguishing facial features. No wonder, it must always be addressed with utmost balance and proportion in mind.
Rhinoplasty is one of those plastic surgeries that require utmost precision and skill. Chances are that you have undergone a Rhinoplasty and have not been totally pleased with results. Your nose looked great for the first year or two after surgery but then gradually took on a pinched or unnatural appearance. Or maybe you breathe worse after your surgery than before.
Revision rhinoplasty is sought in cases where there has been a prior unsatisfactory or damaging nose surgery.
The Revision Rhinoplasty Advantage.
This is also known as secondary rhinoplasty. This corrective nasal surgery is performed to address both functional nasal problems and an improvement of the aesthetic appearance of a prior rhinoplasty.
Revision Rhinoplasty Procedure
Revision rhinoplasty is more complicated than having a primary procedure for several reasons. The natural tissue planes were disrupted during the original surgery and replaced with scar tissue, making dissection more difficult. Often the natural supporting framework of the nose was compromised, necessitating reconstruction and structural supplementation. Additionally, many such patients have already undergone a septoplasty, limiting the amount of septal cartilage that can be used for surgery. The surgeon may use cartilage from either the patient’s ear or rib to complete the surgery if needed.
Either of the two approaches may be followed:
After initial consultations and chalking out a final path, like Primary Rhinoplasty, Ethnic Rhinoplasty also might be done by one of these two techniques:
In an open rhinoplasty procedure, a small external incision is made on the underside of the nose between the nostrils. Additional incisions are made on the inside of the nose that cannot be seen. An open rhinoplasty fully opens the nose, providing improved visualization of the nasal structures and a more direct route for surgical manipulation. The small scar left at the nose base is barely visible after the healing process.
In an endonasal rhinoplasty, also known as closed rhinoplasty, incisions are made inside the nasal passages. These incisions are hidden and are not visible after surgery. Endonasal rhinoplasty offers a limited view of and dissection of nasal tissues.
ALLURE MEDSPA:The Best place for Ethnic Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty is the most complicated plastic & cosmetic surgery procedure to perform and master. Dr. Milan Doshi at Allure MedSpa, brings tremendous experience, surgical dexterity and cutting-edge rhinoplasty technology and natural artistry to achieve the most exquisite and satisfactory Rhinoplasty results. The icing is that all this comes at an absolutely “value for money’ cost without compromising on any of the hygiene factors that are of paramount importance for Rhinoplasty as for any surgery.
What distinguishes Rhinoplasty at Allure MedSpa is:
- Unique appreciation of natural harmony and proportion in nasal and facial aesthetics
- Exceptional finesse, skill, experience, and artistry,
- The most rigorous certification, accreditation, and safety standards,
- Passion for achieving gorgeous rhinoplasty results that can be stunning yet subtle, and
- A connection between patient, surgeon, and staff that is extraordinarily warm, intimate, and comfortable.
- Absolutely ‘value for money’ procedure
Since confidentiality and utmost privacy of our clients are our prime ethics, Allure MedSpa is the most favored choice of many celebrities for their corrective and cosmetic procedures.
In many ways general anesthesia creates the most controlled situation possible during your rhinoplasty surgery.
Privacy & Confidentiality
We at Allure MedSpa care follow highest standards of privacy and confidentiality ensuring additional comfort for our patients. For your privacy and protection, we maintain a strict non-disclosure policy.
REST & RECOVERY
Revision rhinoplasty may involve more extensive bruising and swelling than primary procedures, though there is generally very little pain. Most of the bruising will fade within ten days and the swelling within several months.
Revision Rhinoplasty Price
Allure MedSpa which is renowned for its state-of-the-art internationally acclaimed services, offers value for your money with cosmetic procedures. To know more about the cost of your procedure request a consult by filling the form below.Your consultation is your chance to ask questions about Rhinoplasty and put your mind at rest.
Rhinoplasty costs vary quite a bit depending on several factors: how much work needs to be done; is this a revision procedure; do any additional grafts need to be harvested (ear, rib).
Your surgeon will be able to offer you full explanations and answers to all of your queries.
Alternatively, our counselor will call you at your convenient time. Request a consultation right away:
Request A Consult
The Rhinoplasty consultation is a vital step in the journey to having successful nose surgery.To determine the best Rhinoplasty candidates and the appropriate techniques, there is no substitute for a personal consultation and examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is well-versed and experienced in the varied plastic surgery techniques.
Revision Rhinoplasty Testimonials
Wonderful Experience !!!
I previously had a Rhinoplasty surgery. It did not go well in the first instance. I am not quite happy with the result. After the surgery, I got quite distressed and stopped going out of my house as I found it quite embarrassing as my nose was not at best of the form. I wanted to undergo the Revision Rhinoplasty procedure. I have heard that Revision Rhinoplasty is a little risky procedure and there is no guarantee that you will get the desirable result. It is a quite tricky procedure and the result could be quite dicey.
Revision Rhinoplasty is for such people who are not happy with their first instance of Rhinoplasty. I had a distorted facial harmony and I wanted to consult a surgeon who can give me a desirable result. As I have spend so much for my first surgery, I wanted to consult someone for an affordable rate. A friend of mine suggested me to consult Dr. Milan Doshi and visit his clinic Allure Medspa. Before making the tickets, I wanted to have a small chat with him. I got the number from the website and made a call to him. I must say after talking to him I got a little confident. He encouraged me a lot and asked me to believe him. I was assured that this time my surgery will not go wrong. I made my tickets and landed in India.
Dr. Doshi undertook the surgery after infusing anesthesia. It was an hour of surgery. After the surgery was done, I could feel that my imperfect nose has become better now. I could not have been much happier. I no longer feel embarrassed now. I will again have to visit India for a follow up. I am eagerly waiting for it.
Quick Facts For Revision Rhinoplasty
Are you the right fit for the procedure?
If you are healthy and looking to improve the appearance or function of your nose after a previous rhinoplasty surgery, revision rhinoplasty may be right for you. Patients should be over the age of sixteen and have realistic goals for improvement.
Comprehensive care, before, during & after surgery
You will be seen by Dr. Doshi in follow-up periodically following rhinoplasty. After splint removal at 5 to 7 days, you will be seen at 12 weeks and 12 months after Rhinoplasty. Dr. Doshi and his entire staff at Allure MedSpa will always be available to assist you with any questions or recovery related matters following the procedure.
At Allure MedSpa, we don’t simply provide surgical solutions; we recognize your needs extend beyond the surgical procedure itself.
The Aftercare Advantage/ Advice
- Do not disturb your cast or allow it to get wet. It is okay to wash your hair or shower as long as you do not get the nasal dressing wet.
- Do not blow your nose for 10 days after surgery. It is okay to rinse your nose with salt water (saline) rinse in the meantime to help flush out your nose.
- Use an open mouth sneeze, if you have to sneeze.
- Elevate your head at all times. At night sleep with your head in an elevated position at least 30 degrees. This can be done using several pillows or by sleeping in a recliner.
- Eat less than 1000 mg of sodium (salt) per day to help reduce postoperative swelling.
- Avoid prolonged chewing with hard foods or chewing gum for 2 weeks after surgery.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure to the nose. Wear SPF 30 or higher and a hat that protects your nose from the sun. This helps to prevent excessive swelling and darkening of any external incision.
- Avoid bending over, heavy lifting and straining for at least 2 weeks.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for at least 3 weeks.
- Clean the incision lines and inner nostril area gently with diluted hydrogen peroxide using a q-tip 2 to 3 times a day. Continue this for 2 weeks.
- Apply plain vaseline or saline gel to the incision lines after cleaning with peroxide.
- You may wear glasses (or sunglasses) while the cast is on. If controlled bone fractures were done, once your cast is removed you should avoid resting heavy glasses on your nose for 6 weeks after surgery. It is okay to wear contact lenses.
Pre-operative requirements in order to undergo surgery
- To ensure a safe surgical procedure, a thorough medical history is taken to make sure that you don't have any medical conditions that may pose a problem to during your rhinoplasty procedure. Your current health history as well as your medications and drug allergies will be reviewed.
- Several types of supplements, prescription medications, and over the counter medications that can thin your blood and increase your risk of bleeding. You will be asked to stop taking these.
- Routine laboratory testing is ordered.
- It is important to be sun-smart (using UVA and UVB sun protection) prior to rhinoplasty.
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks before and one week after surgery, as nicotine can impair circulation and healing.
- Don’t drink alcohol in excess for two weeks before your Rhinoplasty procedure and one week after the surgery.
Patient preparation before Surgery
It is advisable to have someone for help for a few days after surgery and also arrange for a break from work as per the doctor’s instructions and the nature of your work routine.
Book Surgery with Allure MedSpa
- Plan your travel dates and simultaneously check with us for doctor’s availability on those dates.
- Send us a copy of your air tickets
- We shall accordingly plan your consultation and Concierge service (optional) and get back to you with all details
Allure MedSpa concierge service
Allure MedSpa’s clientele comprises of local, out-of-town patients. A good percentage of patients also ‘fly-in’ from out of the country to have surgery with our renowned surgeons.
We are pleased to offer and arrange comfortable lodging, restaurant, and commuting to ensure a memorable pre-and post-surgical experience for our out-of-country patients. Please feel free to contact the counselor +91 9869041559 for assistance with any of your travel and planning needs.
- Your nose may congested after surgery from the internal nasal swelling.
- You may experience a runny nose for a few weeks after surgery
- You may have bruising and swelling around your eyes (especially if controlled bone fractures are done during surgery). Any bruising should resolve after 7-14 days, though it can be covered with makeup in the meantime.
- The external nasal dressing and any external sutures are removed one week after surgery. The internal nasal sutures are dissolve-able and will come out on their own.
- Most people are able to return to work and social activities 7-10 days after their rhinoplasty.
- If an Open Rhinoplasty approach was used, you will experience temporary nasal tip numbness for about 8 months. This resolves as the nerve endings regrow into the nasal tip skin.
Results will last for
While certain results are visible immediately, the final result of Rhinoplasty become evident approximately six to twelve months after Rhinoplasty.
Next consultation if required
At Allure MedSpa, our support doesn’t end when you achieve your Hair regrowth goals. Lifelong follow-up with our multidisciplinary team is encouraged, helping you to achieve and maintain optimal results.For more information on hair transplant surgery and our extensive aftercare program or to Book an appointment, call Allure MedSpa at: +91 9892315659
Revision Rhinoplasty Before and After Images
Revision Rhinoplasty FAQs
- Will I be able to breathe well after Rhinoplasty?
Many people have heard horror stories of family or friend’s nasal surgery and the strip gauze packing that had to be removed afterward. Even with this in place, your nose will not be totally blocked and you will still be able to get some airflow through your nose. The splints are removed 1 week after surgery.
- What kind of dressing will be on my nose right after surgery?
The outside of your nose will be taped with paper tape followed by a plastic cast. This cast, which is molded to your nose at the end of your surgery, acts as a “helmet” during your first week of surgery, helping to maintain your nasal bones in their new position. If controlled bone fractures are not done during your surgery you may only need a tape dressing to help with reducing your external nasal skin swelling.
You will also have a gauze “moustache” dressing under your nose for the first few days after surgery. This acts to catch any bloody nasal drainage that you may have after your nasal surgery. You can change the gauze dressing periodically as needed during your initial recovery period.
I’m ready to have rhinoplasty but am nervous about having anesthesia. What type of anesthesia is used during rhinoplasty?
There are a few options when it comes to the anesthesia used during rhinoplasty. Minor touch up procedures may be able to be done with just local numbing medicine. Otherwise, the majority of rhinoplasty surgery is done using either deep IV sedation or general anesthesia. When choosing the type of anesthetic to use things to consider are safety, comfort, and costs. General anesthesia provides the safest and most controlled situation for patients by ensuring that they are comfortably asleep for the entire operation while at the same time protecting their airway.
- Will I look very different after surgery? Will people notice?
Patients often express concern that they will look drastically different after surgery. In actuality, we find that when patients do head back to work and their daily activities their friends and acquaintances will ask “You look great. Did you get a new hairstyle?” or “Did you go on vacation? You look so refreshed!”
- When can I work-out after my plastic surgery procedure?
Aerobic activities should be avoided for at least three weeks following surgery. Any activity that leads to an elevation in your blood pressure will increase the amount of time it takes for postoperative swelling to resolve. This also increases your chances of excess scar formation under the nasal skin. You will also likely notice an increased aching or throbbing to your nose as well. After about 3 weeks of recovery you can start to ease back into exercising. It is recommended that you start off slowly at first and then build up. Your body will let you know if you’re over-doing it.
- Can I wear my glasses after surgery?
There are no limits to wearing glasses on top of your cast during your first week of recovery. Once the cast is removed you should avoid wearing glasses (including sunglasses) directly on your nose for a total of 6 weeks after surgery. This is to avoid having the weight of your glasses shift your healing nasal bones. If controlled bone fractures aren’t performed during your surgery, you can wear glasses at any time.
- Is rhinoplasty surgery painful?
Some discomfort can be expected after any surgery. All patients are provided with prescriptions for narcotic pain medication. Patients sometimes use the prescription medication two to three days after their rhinoplasty surgery and then switch to normal pain-killers as prescribed. Numbness or discomfort behind the two front teeth is common and temporary.
- When can I return to work after rhinoplasty?
Most patients take one week off work after rhinoplasty but occasionally other patients prefer up to two weeks. The external cast on the nose is removed one week after surgery. Any external sutures are also trimmed at that time. Once the cast is removed any residual bruising and swelling can be camouflaged with make-up. Patients who are more concerned with privacy prefer two weeks off work after their rhinoplasty surgery.
- What could be the possible downsides to using the Open Rhinoplasty approach?
The process of lifting the nasal skin up during open rhinoplasty does tend to lead to more skin swelling compared with using a Closed approach. It is also normal to have temporary skin tip numbness that gradually resolves after 2-3 months. Doctors normally find that the long term benefits of using the open approach (when appropriate) outweigh the short term tradeoffs of these temporary side effects.
- Will the scar be visible?
It’s understandable that you may be concerned about having a scar placed on your nose. In actuality, when properly performed, the Open Rhinoplasty incision heals exceptionally well and really becomes nearly imperceptible. Normally, two-layers of sutures are used to precisely close the incision line during surgery. The deep, hidden layer dissolves on its own after a few months. Multiple, very fine sutures used on the outside skin closure, are trimmed one week after surgery.
- I’m ready to have rhinoplasty but am nervous about having anesthesia. What type of anesthesia is used during rhinoplasty?
There are a few options when it comes to the anesthesia used during rhinoplasty. Minor touch up procedures may be able to be done with just local numbing medicine. Otherwise, the majority of rhinoplasty surgery is done using either deep IV sedation or general anesthesia. When choosing the type of anesthetic to use things to consider are safety, comfort, and costs. General anesthesia provides the safest and most controlled situation for patients by ensuring that they are comfortably asleep for the entire operation while at the same time protecting their airway. Anesthesia fees are the same no matter the type of anesthetic used and the greater level of control with general anesthesia allows for reduced swings in blood pressure and concomitant bleeding, bruising and swelling.
- Why is the open rhinoplasty incision a zig zag?
The main reason to create a more complex-shaped incision is to camouflage the incision. An irregular incision line is much less conspicuous than a straight line.
- What is Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery?
People who are not satisfied with their previous Rhinoplasty result can undergo the Revision Rhinoplasty procedure. The Rhinoplasty procedure will help to correct the deformity from the previous procedure.
- Who are the candidates for Revision Rhinoplasty?
The procedure is undertaken by those who are not satisfied with the primary Rhinoplasty and want to correct the deformities. Revision Rhinoplasty will help to establish facial harmony.
- How long will the surgery take?
The surgery will take couple of hours. You do not have to stay overnight after the surgery. You can head home the same day.
- Are there any side effects for Revision Rhinoplasty?
The major drawback in the Revision Rhinoplasty is searching for enough cartilage for the structures that have been removed and weakened in the first Rhinoplasty. In such cases, the surgeon uses septal cartilages his first choice. In some unfortunate cases, the septal cartilage cannot be found. In such conditions, the surgeon uses the ear cartilage as substitute. The main aim of the Revision Rhinoplasty is to create a nose that harmonizes with the face.
- When can we undertake the Revision Rhinoplasty procedure?
A person will have to wait for at least a year to go ahead with the Revision Rhinoplasty procedure, otherwise it will create major problems for the patient.
- What are the changes that I can expect after the surgery?
The surgery will help to correct the deformities. However, you should not keep unrealistic expectations. The procedure will correct the nose deformities, not create a new nose.
- What is the recovery period of this surgery?
A patient will take 7 to 10 days to fully recover after the surgery. However, it varies from person to person. Your surgeon will advice you about the time you can return to your work. After 2-3 days of complete rest you can start your work. However, it will take couple of months for the wounds to completely heal.
- What are the factors to consider before undergoing the surgery?
Certain pointers should be kept in mind before undergoing the surgery. The factors to be considered are duration of the last Rhinoplasty undertaken , thickness of the nasal skin, strength of the nasal cartilage, type of Rhinoplasty performed, number of times a person has undertaken the Rhinoplasty procedure.
- What is the cost of Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery?
For an estimate on how surgery will cost, we recommend you to call us on +919869041559 or fill an enquiry form so that we can contact you for detailed discussion.