Tummy Tuck Surgery | Lipoabdominoplasty | Abdominoplasty
What is a Tummy Tuck?
Tummy tuck is a body surgery designed to smooth and add firmness to your abdomen, giving you a slimmer and trimmer tummy. Whether you’ve been left with excess skin on your tummy due to pregnancy or losing a large amount of weight, this procedure could be your best option to get rid of saggy, crumpled skin and isolated chunks of fat in your abdominal area. It helps tightening up abdominal muscles and can even eliminate stretch marks to an extent especially those located below the navel.
The scientific name for it is “Abdominoplasty” or “Lipoabdominoplasty” and, it is suitable for all men and women who’re in good health wanting to lose their saggy loose skin in the abdominal area. A ‘saggy’ stomach is often the result of substantial weight loss which could be from weight loss routines or pregnancy. Despite losing all the kilos, you end up with surplus loose skin and fat. Many women also suffer weakened stomach muscles after pregnancy especially in the case of multiples.
Allure Medpsa now offers a special ‘Mommy Makeover’ that involves a customized tummy tuck only for women post pregnancy.
Tummy Tuck Procedure:
Quite simply, this tummy tuck surgery removes excess skin and fat. The aim is to tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall leaving a flatter abdomen.
Allure Medspa’s goal is to make your experience as easy and comfortable as possible. With us, it’d be an informed decision only. Please note that this procedure is not the same as liposuction although both can be combined into a single treatment of lipoabdominoplasty which would involve getting a tuck post a lipo procedure.
- Although the procedure will vary slightly as per every patient’s unique needs, usually, a horizontal incision is made just within or above the pubic area.
- You will be given a general anaesthetic so that you’ll be asleep throughout the procedure and expected to spend one night in hospital.
- The length of the incision depends largely on the amount of skin to be removed. Naturally there’ll be stitches.
- The contour will typically follow the structure of your abdomen. If you have loose skin above the navel, your surgeon may have to make a second incision around the navel to remove this excess skin.
- The position of your navel will remain unchanged. Many surgeons opt to move the navel but at Allure we prefer taking the long-cut to removing your excess skin.
- Any skin on the lower abdomen that contains stretch marks can also be removed. Any remaining stretch marks can be flattened and improved.
Generally, a horizontal incision is made just within or above the pubic area. The length of the incision depends largely on the amount of skin to be removed. The contour will vary a little according to the structure of your abdomen and the style of beachwear or underclothes you prefer. If you have loose skin above the navel, your cosmetic surgeon may make a second incision around the navel to remove this excess skin. The position of your navel will remain unchanged. Any skin on the lower abdomen that contains stretch marks may also be removed. Any remaining stretch marks may be flattened and improved.
The Recovery Period
Depending on the technique, you may have to wear a support garment for several weeks following laser tummy tuck or lipoabdominoplasty surgery. Generally stitches will be removed in stages over a couple of weeks. After that you can compare before and after result.
Recovery time also varies from person to person. Depending on the extent of your surgery and your general physical condition, you may be able to go back to non-strenuous work within 10 to 15 days post the procedure. You may even be able to resume most of your normal activities soon including mild exercises.
Bruising and most of the swelling disappears over a period of two to three weeks after tummy tuck. However, it may be some time before all swelling subsides and you see the final results. Patience and good care are the virtues here cosmetic surgery center- Alluremedspa.
Scarscan fade away to barely noticeable faint lines depending upon your healing abilities and prescribed ointments which will probably be invisible anyways in the skimpiest of clothing. Walk in for a free consult to know of this procedure is for you.