Gastric Sleeve Surgery | Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery
About the Gastric Sleeve Surgery | Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Process
Morbid obesity is spreading like a health epidemic. One of the problems with being morbidly obese is all the side effects and health risks that come with it. Very often, these include heart and lung disease and there is a particularly unfortunate vicious circle at work.
Comorbid conditions that are an outcome of morbid obesity could be:
- High Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Type 2 diabetes
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
In case, you have any or some of the above conditions and regular exercise and consistent diets have not succeeded in ending your long term struggle with obesity, Gastric Sleeve is the right step forward for you.
The Gastric Sleeve Advantage
A major advantage of sleeve gastrectomy is that it removes stomach cells that produce the hunger hormone, ghrelin. By drastically reducing ghrelin production, the patient’s appetite and sensation of hunger is dramatically reduced or eliminated.
Gastric sleeve surgery brings with it a huge advantage: a short operative time – just one to two hours!
What is Gastric Sleeve Procedure
The Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery (also known as the Gastric Sleeve) involves surgical narrowing of the stomach. It is an innovative new surgical procedure in which, approximately 80 – 90% of the rounded, larger part of the stomach is removed so that the remaining part of the stomach takes the shape of a tube or sleeve. The remaining stomach is permanently reduced to a fraction (10-20%) of its original size.
This narrow stomach helps patients eat much smaller portions of food, while allowing for normal digestion and absorption. Performed with minimally invasive laparoscopy, the sleeve gastrectomy, is a permanent weight loss solution.
- No intestinal bypass or implant required
- No major adjustments needed
- Weight loss equal to or better than gastric bypass or gastric band
- Safest for patients over 400 pounds
- Leaves intestinal tract intact
- Allows normal stomach function
ALLURE MEDSPA: The Best Place for a Gastric Sleeve
At Allure MedSpa obesity is managed by our multi-disciplinary team including doctors, dieticians, surgeons, nurses and psychologists under the able competence of internationally acclaimed surgeon Dr. Milan Doshi. Using a multi-pronged approach of behavior modification, diet and physical activity, we enhance our patients’ chances of successful and sustainable weight loss.
The Gastric Sleeve is one of the safest and least invasive procedures with us. Our results are consistently the best.
With the use of latest de-risking techniques, we endeavor to make the erstwhile perceived complex bariatric procedures doable in least time, less scarring, minimal risk of incisional hernia, reduced discomfort (pain-free), and much shorter recovery time.At AMS, we understand how critical anesthesia is to a surgery. Hence we have highly trained anesthetists who administer it with minutest care and ensure you have a discomfort free surgery.
The gastric sleeve procedure is done under general anesthesia
Privacy & Confidentiality
We at Allure MedSpa care follow highest standards of privacy and confidentiality ensuring additional comfort for our patients.
REST & RECOVERY
- Gastric sleeve surgery takes approximately 1-2 hours to perform.
- On average, our patients leave the hospital one to two days after gastric sleeve surgery.
- Return to work varies from one to three weeks depending on the type of work.
No heavy lifting (more than 10lbs) is allowed for four to six weeks after surgery.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Cost
Allure MedSpa which is renowned for its state-of-the-art internationally acclaimed services,offers affordable and cost effective Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery. To know more about the cost of your procedure request a consult by filling the form below.Your consultation is your chance to ask questions about Gastric Sleeve surgery and put your mind at rest.
Alternatively, our Counselor will call you at your convenient time. Request a consultation right away: Book an appointment
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Testimonials
Submit your review
Quick Facts about Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Are you the right fit for the procedure?
The Sleeve Gastrectomy is used for two types of bariatric surgery candidates, each at opposite ends of the BMI scale, plus a third type of patient…
1) As part of a double-stage process involving two separate operations a year or year and a half apart, it’s often the wisest choice for patients with an extremely high BMI (more than 60).
2) As a stand-alone procedure, it is used for patients who just barely qualify as morbidly obese, with a lower BMI (40-50).
3) Patients who are considered high risk because they have heart and/or lung conditions making any type of surgery risky.
Allure MedSpa is here to help you make informed decisions every step of the weight loss surgery way, starting with the decision about which procedure is the best for you.
Comprehensive care, before, during & after surgery
Your weight-loss journey with Allure MedSpa begins with a series of consultations and tests with our team and surgeon Dr. Milan Doshi. These regular meetings include a detailed discussion of the various surgical options available to you and cover the many questions and any doubts you may have about the surgery.
At Allure MedSpa, we don’t simply provide surgical solutions to obesity; we recognize your needs extend beyond the surgical procedure itself.
The Aftercare Advantage
Our comprehensive aftercare program focuses on your unique, individual needs. A nurse, dietitian and fitness advisor work with you to provide all the help, support and expert advice you require to alter your behaviors and your relationship with food by creating an individual aftercare plan specific to you.
Your postoperative program will include:
# Ongoing lab work, including vitamin level analysis
# Discussion of diet, exercise & supplements
# Customized individual eating plan
# Dietician support
# Access to psychological support
Pre-operative requirements in order to undergo surgery
- You must have a dietician evaluation.
- In addition to a complete medical history, your physician and anesthetist will perform a complete physical examination to ensure you’re in good health before undergoing the procedure. You will undergo blood tests or other diagnostic tests.
- You may be asked to begin exercising and alter your diet some weeks before surgery.
- If you’re a woman of child-bearing age, you may receive birth control counselling so that you do not become pregnant in your first year after surgery due to the risk to the fetus from rapid weight loss.
Patient preparation before weight loss surgery
You might be advised to:
- Quit smoking and discontinue the use of all tobacco and nicotine products as it may lead to delayed wound healing after the surgery.
- Drink more water and limit other beverages.
- Stay mentally and physically fit by focusing on your health.
- Not to eat or drink anything for 10-12 hours before surgery and have a light dinner because the stomach must be empty before anesthesia.
- Ask a friend or family members to be at the hospital during the surgery for support.
Book Surgery with Allure MedSpa
- Plan your travel dates and simultaneously check with us for doctor’s availability on those dates.
- Send us a copy of your air tickets
- We shall accordingly plan your consultation and Concierge service (optional) and get back to you with all details
Allure MedSpa concierge service
Allure MedSpa’s clientele comprises of local, out-of-town patients. A good percentage of patients also “fly-in” from out of the country to have surgery with our renowned surgeons.
We are pleased to offer and arrange comfortable lodging, restaurant, and commuting to ensure a memorable pre-and post-surgical experience for our out-of-country patients. Please feel free to contact the Counselor +91 9869041559 for assistance with any of your travel and planning needs.
Most patients lose weight quickly and continue to do so for as long as 18 to 24 months after the procedure. Most patients lose 50-60% of their extra weight. As a result of this weight loss, our patients have achieved greatly improved health and lifestyle.
Co-morbid conditions get resolved as early as 6-12 months after Sleeve Gastrectomy. Patients experience superb resolution rates for type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and obstructive sleep apnoea.
Results will last for
The results from Gastric Sleeve can be sustained for life provided you follow the Allure MedSpa aftercare instructions and adhere to the dietary and lifestyle changes prescribed. Our comprehensive aftercare program offers you the support and encouragement you need for long-term success.
Next consultation if required
At Allure MedSpa, our support doesn’t end when you achieve your weight-loss goals. Lifelong follow-up with our multidisciplinary team is encouraged, helping you to achieve and maintain optimal results.For more information on weight-loss surgery and our extensive aftercare program or to Book an appointment, call Allure MedSpa at: 022 – 26732961/62/63