At Alluremedspa, we offer a comprehensive aftercare programme following weight loss surgery to ensure that you change your eating habits and lifestyle choices to ensure long-term success.
Your postoperative program will include:
- Ongoing lab work, including vitamin level analysis
- Discussion of diet, exercise & supplements
- Customized individual eating plan
- Dietitian support
- Access to psychological support
The aftercare advantage at Alluremedspa
OPTIONAL ??? (pls check with doc)
* To be specific, your doctor will keep track of your progress, while our registered dietitian will be available to provide detailed help to smooth over the transition to your new way of eating.
* Since no organ of the body is more important for healthy weight loss than the mind, Alluremedspa also provides access to a Counselor/Psychologist/Life coach specializing in walking you through the field of healthy eating and weight loss and towards the perfect combination of a sound mind and body.
* One major factor is that Alluremedspa has an outstanding in-house network of first-rate plastic and cosmetic surgeons headed by internationally acclaimed Dr. Milan Doshi, who are known for their expertise in cosmetic procedures and body contouring which you might want to go in for as you start your journey with reduced weight and looking fabulous.
*We have specially trained physiotherapists. Exercise not only helps towards weight loss and maintenance but is also essential for the progressive decline in lean mass with age and helps promote psychological well-being.
What sets us apart is the use of minimally invasive laparoscopic surgical methods along with the latest de-risking techniques. We endeavor to make the erstwhile perceived complex bariatric procedures doable in least time, less scarring, minimal risk of incisional hernia, reduced discomfort (pain-free), and much shorter recovery time.
Some important aspects of aftercare
Bariatric surgery takes approximately 1-2 hours to perform or more depending on the procedure undergoing.
- You will be advised to be mobile immediately after surgery too. You should not be immobile for too much of the day because post-operative immobility causes serious complications, like deep vein thrombosis, skin integrity problems, respiratory failure, pulmonary embolism.
- On an average, our patients leave the hospital one to three days after gastric sleeve surgery. Your doctor will keep you in the hospital until your body is able to handle a liquid diet.
- Return to work varies from one to three weeks depending on the type of work.
- No heavy lifting (more than 10lbs) is allowed for four to six weeks after surgery.
This initial stage of your post-surgery new life is crucial. Liquid diet shall be the rule during this stage.
Your doctor will most likely start you on a pureed diet before you leave for home. The progression of your diet could be as follows:
- clear liquids
- thick liquid diet including protein shakes
- pureed/soft diet
Your diet is important both immediately after surgery and in the long term.
Vitamins and minerals
Multivitamins are vital for avoiding malnutrition, particularly if your bariatric surgery included a mal-absorptive component, where part of your small intestine is bypassed (ex Roux-en-Y gastric bypass).