About Ethnic Rhinoplasty
People of different ethnicities often have noses with distinct characteristics.Ethnic Rhinoplasty is a nasal surgery where the nose is surgically altered to create a symmetrical, aesthetically pleasing nose that suits the individual patient’s face without diminishing the patient’s ethnic characteristics.
The ultimate goal of a rhinoplasty, for patients of all ethnicities, is to produce a natural nose that fits harmoniously with the face, eyes, cheeks and chin. A natural outcome can only be achieved when balance is brought to the face as a whole with consideration not only to one’s ethnicity, but to their gender, age and overall facial bone structure.
The Ethnic Rhinoplasty Advantage
Gone are the days where the sole goal of Ethnic Rhinoplasty surgery was to simply create a more Caucasian appearing nose, erasing all vestiges of the patient's ethnic background. A competent plastic surgeon must understand that what patients of any ethnicity want is a nose that better blends in with and enhances the rest of their facial features.
The overall considerations in Ethnic Rhinoplasty are the same as that in any Rhinoplasty. How to best allow the nose to blend seamlessly and in balance with the entire face. The surgeon may use an open (external) or closed (endonasal) technique depending on the what maneuvers need to be performed. There is no one ideal nose. Here too, previous surgeries images simulation during the initial consultations will help define the goal and aesthetic outcome of the Ethnic Rhinoplasty.
Ethnicity centered Rhinoplasties:
Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty
Common traits of a Middle Eastern nose may include a:
- Pronounced nasal hump
- Wide or round tip
- Downward sloping or drooping tip
All of these can be addressed with a Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty that preserves the traditional bone structure and classic, defined profile in a balanced and ethnically sensitive manner.
Some common traits of the African-American nose are:
- Wide, low nasal bridge
- Flared nostrils
- Round tip
Because of these traits, it is essential that your nose surgeon has experience with this particular type of rhinoplasty. Your cosmetic surgeon should take extra care to maintain the curvature of the nostril to avoid the “triangular look,” which is not considered aesthetically pleasing or culturally sensitive.
The significant diversity within Asian ethnicities provides many variations in common nasal traits. Eastern Asian people tend to have flatter profiles with flatter bridges and round nasal tips. Those of South Asian ethnicity (Indian and Pakistani) may have long noses with pronounced bumps. Wideness can also be an issue, whether of the bridge or the tip. Because of the degree of variation, a personal consultation with the surgeon where you can discuss your concerns and get honest feedback on your options is essential.
Rhinoplasty for people of Latin ethnicity includes significant variation due to both European influences and those of the native peoples of South America. Despite this variation, common Latin nasal traits may include:
- Weak cartilage in the nasal tip
- A nasal hump
- Thick nasal skin
The approach to Latin rhinoplasty depends significantly on the cultural heritage of the patient (African, European, Mestizo, etc.) A personal consultation can offer you more insight into what can be expected based on your nose and other similar patients and their results.
Ethnic Rhinoplasty Procedure
After initial consultations and chalking out a final path, like Primary Rhinoplasty, Ethnic Rhinoplasty also might be done by one of these two techniques:
In an open rhinoplasty procedure, a small external incision is made on the underside of the nose between the nostrils. Additional incisions are made on the inside of the nose that cannot be seen. An open rhinoplasty fully opens the nose, providing improved visualization of the nasal structures and a more direct route for surgical manipulation. The small scar left at the nose base is barely visible after the healing process.
In an endonasal rhinoplasty, also known as closed rhinoplasty, incisions are made inside the nasal passages. These incisions are hidden and are not visible after surgery. Endonasal rhinoplasty offers a limited view of and dissection of nasal tissues.
ALLURE MEDSPA:The Best place for Ethnic Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty is the most complicated plastic & cosmetic surgery procedure to perform and master. Dr. Milan Doshi at Allure MedSpa, brings tremendous experience, surgical dexterity and cutting-edge rhinoplasty technology and natural artistry to achieve the most exquisite and satisfactory Rhinoplasty results. The icing is that all this comes at an absolutely “value for money’ cost without compromising on any of the hygiene factors that are of paramount importance for Rhinoplasty as for any surgery.
What distinguishes Rhinoplasty at Allure MedSpa is:
- Unique appreciation of natural harmony and proportion in nasal and facial aesthetics
- Exceptional finesse, skill, experience, and artistry,
- The most rigorous certification, accreditation, and safety standards,
- Passion for achieving gorgeous rhinoplasty results that can be stunning yet subtle, and
- A connection between patient, surgeon, and staff that is extraordinarily warm, intimate, and comfortable.
- Absolutely ‘value for money’ procedure
Since confidentiality and utmost privacy of our clients are our prime ethics, Allure MedSpa is the most favored choice of many celebrities for their corrective and cosmetic procedures.
In many ways general anesthesia creates the most controlled situation possible during your rhinoplasty surgery.
Privacy & Confidentiality
We at Allure MedSpa care follow highest standards of privacy and confidentiality ensuring additional comfort for our patients. For your privacy and protection, we maintain a strict non-disclosure policy.
REST & RECOVERY
You will go home with a friend or relative when you are fully awake and comfortable, generally one to two hours after the completion of surgery. Cold compresses are used to minimize bruising and swelling around the eyes. The primary swelling resolves in about one week, and most go back to work or school around this time. When more structural sculpting is required, eight days is common. With tip refinements only (without osteotomies), return may be as early as five days after rhinoplasty.
Once you arrive back home after your rhinoplasty surgery you should expect to feel tired for a few days. Most people don't experience a lot of pain, but rather describe more of an aching, throbbing sensation after surgery. This is often well controlled with medication. It also helps to apply ice packs to your face to further reduce any discomfort.
Ethnic Rhinoplasty Price
Allure MedSpa which is renowned for its state-of-the-art internationally acclaimed services, offers value for your money with cosmetic procedures. To know more about the cost of your procedure request a consult by filling the form below. Your consultation is your chance to ask questions about Rhinoplasty and put your mind at rest.
Rhinoplasty costs vary quite a bit depending on several factors: how much work needs to be done; is this a revision procedure; do any additional grafts need to be harvested (ear, rib).
Your surgeon will be able to offer you full explanations and answers to all of your queries.
Alternatively, our counselor will call you at your convenient time. Request a consultation right away:
Request A Consult
The Rhinoplasty consultation is a vital step in the journey to having successful nose surgery.To determine the best Rhinoplasty candidates and the appropriate techniques, there is no substitute for a personal consultation and examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is well-versed and experienced in the varied plastic surgery techniques.
Ethnic Rhinoplasty Testimonials
Quick Facts For Ethnic Rhinoplasty
Are you the right fit for the procedure?
A good candidate for rhinoplasty is someone who can pinpoint exactly what it is they don't like about their nose. If you can't describe what it is that's bothering you about your nose then it will be difficult for you to be satisfied with any result you would get from surgery.
How long have you been considering Rhinoplasty?
The decision to have rhinoplasty shouldn't be done on the spur of the moment.
Right age for Rhinoplasty
Another factor is patient’s age. Most rhinoplasty surgeons wait until a patient's face has done most of its growing before proceeding with surgery. This varies between girls and boys but usually ranges between 15 to 18 years of age. Equally important is the emotional maturity of the patient. This can be best assessed based on the interaction during a face-to-face consultation. There is no strict age at which it is too late to have rhinoplasty surgery, though certain significant medical conditions may preclude having surgery.
Do you have realistic expectations?
You must have realistic expectations regarding nasal surgery. Be open and honest with your surgeon about what you’re hoping to achieve with your rhinoplasty. No rhinoplasty surgeon can guarantee perfection when it comes to your rhinoplasty results. Even in the best of hands it must be kept in mind that there can be limitations to the level of improvement that surgery can achieve based on your anatomy, skin thickness, cartilage strength, and tendency to scar.
Comprehensive care, before, during & after surgery
You will be seen by Dr. Doshi in follow-up periodically following rhinoplasty. After splint removal at 5 to 7 days, you will be seen at 12 weeks and 12 months after Rhinoplasty. Dr. Doshi and his entire staff at Allure MedSpa will always be available to assist you with any questions or recovery related matters following the procedure.
At Allure MedSpa, we don’t simply provide surgical solutions; we recognize your needs extend beyond the surgical procedure itself.
Our dedicated post-surgical section is designed with your comfort and care in mind. Our entire staff from the expert team of anesthesiologists to nurses, will ensure you are treated with utmost care and warmth.
The Aftercare Advantage/ Advice
- Do not disturb your cast or allow it to get wet. It is okay to wash your hair or shower as long as you do not get the nasal dressing wet.
- Do not blow your nose for 10 days after surgery. It is okay to rinse your nose with salt water (saline) rinse in the meantime to help flush out your nose.
- Use an open mouth sneeze, if you have to sneeze.
- Elevate your head at all times. At night sleep with your head in an elevated position at least 30 degrees. This can be done using several pillows or by sleeping in a recliner.
- Eat less than 1000 mg of sodium (salt) per day to help reduce postoperative swelling.
- Avoid prolonged chewing with hard foods or chewing gum for 2 weeks after surgery.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure to the nose. Wear SPF 30 or higher and a hat that protects your nose from the sun. This helps to prevent excessive swelling and darkening of any external incision.
- Avoid bending over, heavy lifting and straining for at least 2 weeks.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for at least 3 weeks.
- Clean the incision lines and inner nostril area gently with diluted hydrogen peroxide using a q-tip 2 to 3 times a day. Continue this for 2 weeks.
- Apply plain vaseline or saline gel to the incision lines after cleaning with peroxide.
- You may wear glasses (or sunglasses) while the cast is on. If controlled bone fractures were done, once your cast is removed you should avoid resting heavy glasses on your nose for 6 weeks after surgery. It is okay to wear contact lenses.
Pre-operative requirements in order to undergo surgery
- To ensure a safe surgical procedure, a thorough medical history is taken to make sure that you don't have any medical conditions that may pose a problem to during your rhinoplasty procedure. Your current health history as well as your medications and drug allergies will be reviewed.
- Several types of supplements, prescription medications, and over the counter medications that can thin your blood and increase your risk of bleeding. You will be asked to stop taking these.
- Routine laboratory testing is ordered.
- It is important to be sun-smart (using UVA and UVB sun protection) prior to rhinoplasty.
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks before and one week after surgery, as nicotine can impair circulation and healing.
- Don’t drink alcohol in excess for two weeks before your Rhinoplasty procedure and one week after the surgery.
Patient preparation before Surgery
It is advisable to have someone for help for a few days after surgery and also arrange for a break from work as per the doctor’s instructions and the nature of your work routine.
Book Surgery with Allure MedSpa
- Plan your travel dates and simultaneously check with us for doctor’s availability on those dates.
- Send us a copy of your air tickets
- We shall accordingly plan your consultation and Concierge service (optional) and get back to you with all details
Allure MedSpa concierge service
Allure MedSpa’s clientele comprises of local, out-of-town patients. A good percentage of patients also ‘fly-in’ from out of the country to have surgery with our renowned surgeons.
We are pleased to offer and arrange comfortable lodging, restaurant, and commuting to ensure a memorable pre-and post-surgical experience for our out-of-country patients. Please feel free to contact the counselor via +91 9869041559 for assistance with any of your travel and planning needs.
- Your nose will be congested after surgery from the internal nasal swelling.
- You may experience a runny nose for a few weeks after surgery
- You may have bruising and swelling around your eyes (especially if controlled bone fractures are done during surgery). Any bruising should resolve after 7-14 days, though it can be covered with makeup in the meantime.
- The external nasal dressing and any external sutures are removed one week after surgery. The internal nasal sutures are dissolve-able and will come out on their own.
- Most people are able to return to work and social activities 7-10 days after their rhinoplasty.
- If an Open Rhinoplasty approach was used, you will experience temporary nasal tip numbness for about 8 months. This resolves as the nerve endings regrow into the nasal tip skin.
Results will last for
While certain results are visible immediately, the final result of Rhinoplasty become evident approximately six to twelve months after Rhinoplasty.
Next consultation if required
At Allure MedSpa, our support doesn’t end when you achieve your Hair regrowth goals. Lifelong follow-up with our multidisciplinary team is encouraged, helping you to achieve and maintain optimal results.For more information on hair transplant surgery and our extensive aftercare program or to Book an appointment, call Allure MedSpa at: +91 9869041559
Ethnic Rhinoplasty Before and After Photos
Ethnic Rhinoplasty FAQs
- What kind of dressing will be on my nose right after surgery?
The outside of your nose will be taped with paper tape followed by a plastic cast. This cast, which is molded to your nose at the end of your surgery, acts as a “helmet” during your first week of surgery, helping to maintain your nasal bones in their new position. If controlled bone fractures are not done during your surgery you may only need a tape dressing to help with reducing your external nasal skin swelling.
You will also have a gauze “moustache” dressing under your nose for the first few days after surgery. This acts to catch any bloody nasal drainage that you may have after your nasal surgery. You can change the gauze dressing periodically as needed during your initial recovery period.
I’m ready to have rhinoplasty but am nervous about having anesthesia. What type of anesthesia is used during rhinoplasty?
There are a few options when it comes to the anesthesia used during rhinoplasty. Minor touch up procedures may be able to be done with just local numbing medicine. Otherwise, the majority of rhinoplasty surgery is done using either deep IV sedation or general anesthesia. When choosing the type of anesthetic to use things to consider are safety, comfort, and costs. General anesthesia provides the safest and most controlled situation for patients by ensuring that they are comfortably asleep for the entire operation while at the same time protecting their airway.
- Will I look very different after surgery? Will people notice?
Patients often express concern that they will look drastically different after surgery. In actuality, we find that when patients do head back to work and their daily activities their friends and acquaintances will ask “You look great. Did you get a new hairstyle?” or “Did you go on vacation? You look so refreshed!”
- Can I wear my glasses after surgery?
There are no limits to wearing glasses on top of your cast during your first week of recovery. Once the cast is removed you should avoid wearing glasses (including sunglasses) directly on your nose for a total of 6 weeks after surgery. This is to avoid having the weight of your glasses shift your healing nasal bones. If controlled bone fractures aren’t performed during your surgery, you can wear glasses at any time.
- Will my breathing worsen after rhinoplasty?
With either cosmetic or Functional Rhinoplasty your breathing should not worsen once the nose heals. Using a structure-based rhinoplasty surgical approach techniques are performed during surgery that can help maintain or improve your breathing.
- Is rhinoplasty surgery painful?
Some discomfort can be expected after any surgery. All patients are provided with prescriptions for narcotic pain medication. Patients sometimes use the prescription medication two to three days after their rhinoplasty surgery and then switch to normal pain-killers as prescribed. Numbness or discomfort behind the two front teeth is common and temporary.
- When can I return to work after rhinoplasty?
Most patients take one week off work after rhinoplasty but occasionally other patients prefer up to two weeks. The external cast on the nose is removed one week after surgery. Any external sutures are also trimmed at that time. Once the cast is removed any residual bruising and swelling can be camouflaged with make-up. Patients who are more concerned with privacy prefer two weeks off work after their rhinoplasty surgery.
- What could be the possible downsides to using the Open Rhinoplasty approach?
The process of lifting the nasal skin up during open rhinoplasty does tend to lead to more skin swelling compared with using a Closed approach. It is also normal to have temporary skin tip numbness that gradually resolves after 2-3 months. Doctors normally find that the long term benefits of using the open approach (when appropriate) outweigh the short term tradeoffs of these temporary side effects.
- Will the scar be visible?
It’s understandable that you may be concerned about having a scar placed on your nose. In actuality, when properly performed, the Open Rhinoplasty incision heals exceptionally well and really becomes nearly imperceptible. Normally, two-layers of sutures are used to precisely close the incision line during surgery. The deep, hidden layer dissolves on its own after a few months. Multiple, very fine sutures used on the outside skin closure, are trimmed one week after surgery.
- I’m ready to have rhinoplasty but am nervous about having anesthesia. What type of anesthesia is used during rhinoplasty?
There are a few options when it comes to the anesthesia used during rhinoplasty. Minor touch up procedures may be able to be done with just local numbing medicine. Otherwise, the majority of rhinoplasty surgery is done using either deep IV sedation or general anesthesia. When choosing the type of anesthetic to use things to consider are safety, comfort, and costs. General anesthesia provides the safest and most controlled situation for patients by ensuring that they are comfortably asleep for the entire operation while at the same time protecting their airway. Anesthesia fees are the same no matter the type of anesthetic used and the greater level of control with general anesthesia allows for reduced swings in blood pressure and concomitant bleeding, bruising and swelling.
- Why is the open rhinoplasty incision a zig zag?
The main reason to create a more complex-shaped incision is to camouflage the incision. An irregular incision line is much less conspicuous than a straight line.