How soon can I return to work?
This varies from patient to patient. If you have a job that requires physical exertion, you may have to wait from 2-4 weeks to return to work after surgery. Your doctor will discuss this with you during your consultation.
Can I have Tummy Tuck between pregnancies?
We feel that you should wait to have the tummy tuck until after you are finished having children, as this will help to both maximize and prolong the results achieved with the procedure.
Are there any complications associated with Tummy Tuck surgery?
If you maintain a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and regular exercise, the results you obtain with your abdominoplasty should remain.
Are there any long term medical benefits of Tummy Tuck?
- Long-term weight loss: A study published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery journal has suggested that massive weight loss patients who had tummy tuck were more successful in keeping a healthy weight compared with their colleagues who did not undergo the procedure.
The researchers have concluded that abdominal fat could play a role in satiety, and that by removing some of it through tummy tuck might contribute to long-term weight loss. In fact, three-fourths of patients who had the procedure reported an increased feeling of satiety.
Separate studies have also concluded that the new figure is the main motivator for patients to maintain a healthier, more stable weight afterwards.
- Correction of ventral hernia: This condition happens when an abdominal tissue or intestine breaks through the abdominal wall, forming a “sack.” Oftentimes, it is triggered by massive weight loss and C-sections.
Surgical correction of ventral hernia and tummy tuck share the same technique—i.e., strengthening the abdominal wall and suturing in place the loose muscles—although the latter provides cosmetic benefits as well.
- Improved posture.: Abdominal muscle weakness is known to cause lordosis, or swayback, in which the lower back has an excessive curvature. Over time, this condition leads to posture problem and back pain.
Because tummy tuck surgery can also be used to improve one’s abdominal tone, patients with lordosis have reported better posture and relief from back pain after the operation.
- Improved bladder control: After vaginal birth, some women develop a condition called stress urinary incontinence, which can be triggered by laughing, sneezing, heavy lifting, and coughing.
Proponents suggest that incontinence can be treated, or at least reduced, by creating a soft tissue near the pelvic region at the time of tummy tuck surgery. The ideais to construct a small “obstruction” to the bladder.
What is a Mini Tummy Tuck?
Tummy tucks are popular surgical procedures, particularly after significant weight loss or pregnancy. But not all patients who are unhappy with the appearance of their abdomens fall into those categories. Patients with excessive fatty tissue and sagging skin below the belly button are also candidates for a less invasive version of the tummy tuck, known as a mini tummy tuck.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A REGULAR TUMMY TUCK AND A MINI TUMMY TUCK?
The principals of Tummy Tuck and Mini Tummy Tuck are the same. An incision is made just above the pubic area, excess fat is removed, muscles are tightened, then excess skin is removed. However, because less skin is to be removed and muscles require less tightening, a much smaller incision is required to perform this procedure (typically only about 10 -15 cm).
Because less skin is to be removed, it is not necessary to detach and re-attach the belly button, which often is the case with a standard tummy tuck. This is where the term “scarless tummy tuck” came about. It is important to know that you will still have a scar from a mini tummy tuck; however, you will have no visible scars. The incision is carefully made just above the public zone, low enough to be able to hide the scar with underwear or a swimsuit.
MINI TUMMY TUCK RECOVERY
Recovery from a mini tummy tuck is similar to that of a standard tummy tuck, but is often-time a bit shorter because the mini tummy tuck technique is less invasive. After surgery, it is recommended to take at least one week off of work. You will be required to wear a compression garment for 2-3 weeks and may require a small drain to rid of excess fluid for about a week. It is important to refrain from strenuous activities for at least 6 weeks.
Tummy tuck scars will fade over 6 months to a year after your surgery.
Differences between a Mini Tummy Tuck and a Tummy Tuck
There are many differences between a mini tummy tuck and a full tummy tuck. The main difference is that with a mini tummy tuck the area at and above the navel is not treated, so there is no scar or repositioning of the navel. Other differences include:
Differences Mini Tummy Tuck Tummy Tuck Goal: Can tighten the muscles in the lower abdomen Treat muscle separation above and below the navel and remove excessive or loose skin in the belly. Procedure: Incision above the public bone. Excess fat is removed; skin and muscles are tightened. The surgeon separates the navel from the rest of the tissue and abdominal wall; the flap created is stretched down, and excess tissue is removed Suitable for: Those with an abdominal wall that doesn’t protrude significantly Women with stretched skin from multiple pregnancies or those who have lost a significant amount of weight. Anesthesia: General anesthesia or local with sedation General Scarring: Thin scar Longer scar from hipbone to hipbone Recovery: 1-3 weeks 4-6 weeks
What are my options for abdominoplasty?
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Milan will explain the options available for achieving the best result from a tummy tuck according to your individual case and your personal preferences.
For example, if the amount of loose skin is minimal and the excess fat deposits are located below your navel, a short horizontal incision may be all that is necessary.
In some cases your surgeon may recommend liposuction as well as a tummy tuck to remove abdominal fat.
Are there any risks with tummy tucks?
Tummy tuck surgery complications are extremely rare and your surgeon will discuss any risks during your consultation. Advancement in technique, medicine, anaesthetic and instrumentation has eliminated most of the risk out of surgical procedures. Abdominoplasty is considered as less risky then Caesarean section.
Can i expect aftercare following tummy tuck surgery?
When your abdominoplasty is complete, you can expect to receive unrivalled levels of aftercare and post-operative support from Allure medspa. Your surgeon will organise regular examinations to ensure that your recovery is progressing as expected.
How much does a tummy tuck cost?
For an estimate on how much a tummy tuck may cost, we recommend that you call Allure medspa on +91 9869041559 for our latest tummy tuck prices Or fill the form along this page
- What are you looking for ?
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Surgery
- Face Lift (Rhytidectomy)
- Brow Lift
- Cheek Lift
- Chin Lift
- Cutaneous Facelift
- Deep Plane Facelift
- Endoscopic Face Lift
- Eye Lift Surgery
- Mid Face Lift
- Mini Facelift
- Neck Lift
- Short Scar Face Lift
- Skin Lift
- S Lift
- Subperiosteal Face Lift
- Temporal Face Lift
- Thread Lift
- Traditional Face Lift
- Turkey Gobbler Neck Lift
- Brow Lift
- Eyelid Surgery
- Lip Augmentation
- Lip Reduction (Cheiloplasty)
- Cheek Reduction
- Dimple Creation
- Chin Augmentation
- Ear Correction (Otoplasty)
- Fat Injections
- Face Lift (Rhytidectomy)
- Breast Surgery
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Enhancement
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Lift
- Breast Asymmetry
- Inverted Nipple Correction
- Body Surgery
- Male Liposuction surgery
- Six Pack Abs Liposuction
- Thighs Liposuction
- Inner Thighs Liposuction
- Outer Thighs Liposuction (Saddlebag Liposuction)
- Buttocks Liposuction
- Love Handle Liposuction (Flanks liposuction)
- Arm Liposuction
- Double Chin Liposuction (Neck liposuction)
- Stomach Liposuction
- Back Fat Liposuction
- Hip Liposuction Surgery
- Ankles Liposuction (Calf liposuction)
- Face Liposuction Surgery
- Female Liposuction Surgery
- Mega Liposuction Surgery (Large volume liposuction)
- Buffalo Hump Liposuction
- Body Contouring Liposuction (Body itching liposuction)
- Breast Female Liposuction
- Laser Liposuction
- Vaser Liposuction
- Tumescent Liposuction
- Tummy Tuck Surgery | Abdominoplasty
- Body Lift
- Brazilian Buttock Lift
- Buttock Implants
- Cosmetic Gynaecology
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Calculate BMI
- Preparation For Surgery
- What is Obesity
- Gastric Bypass Surgery | Laparoscopic Roux en Y Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery | Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery
- Gastric Imbrication Surgery
- Laparoscopic Gastric Banding
- Intragastric Balloon Surgery
- Laser and Ultrasound Liposuction
- Hair Transplant
- Lipoma Removal Surgery
- Scar Revision Surgery
- Mommy Makeover
- Facial Surgery
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Skin Whitening
- Face Rejuvenation
- Non Surgical Fat Removal
- Laser Hair Reduction
- Mesotherapy (Hair)
- Mesotherapy (Skin)
- PRP Treatment (Hair)
- PRP Treatment (Skin)
- Stretch Mark Reduction
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Thread Vein Removal
- Acne Treatments (Face Pimple Treatment)
- Mole, Wart & Skin Tag Removal Treatment
- Dark Circle Removal
- Hand Rejuvenation
- Birthmark Removal
- Excessive Sweating
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic Smile Makeover
- Tooth Color Filling | Teeth Filling | Dental Filling Treatment
- Teeth Whitening | Tooth Whitening
- Teeth Veneers | Dental Veneers | Ceramic Veneers
- Crowns & Bridges (Dental Crowns And Bridges For Teeth)
- Enameloplasty (Tooth Reshaping & Dental Contouring)
- Gum Contouring (Dental Gum Reshaping)
- Tooth Jewellery | Dental Jewellery | Diamond Teeth Treatment
- Dental Denture (Teeth/ Tooth Denture)
- Dental Implants/ Dental Implantation (Teeth/ Tooth Implants)
- Oral Hygiene
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation/ Reconstruction
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Cosmetic Smile Makeover
- Cosmetic Surgery