About the process
When a tooth is removed, an empty socket is left in the alveolar ridge bone. Usually this empty socket heals on its own, filling with bone and tissue. But sometimes when a tooth is removed, the bone surrounding the socket breaks is unable to heal on its own. The previous height and width of the socket will continue to deteriorate.
Rebuilding the original height and width of the alveolar ridge is not medically necessary, but may be required for dental implant placement, or for aesthetic purposes. Dental implants require bone to support their structure, and a ridge augmentation can help rebuild this bone to accommodate the implant.
What is the procedure
A ridge augmentation is accomplished by placing bone graft material in the tooth socket. It is often done immediately after the tooth is removed, to avoid the need for a second procedure later. Next, the gum tissue is placed over the socket and secured with sutures. The surgeon may choose to use a space-maintaining product over the top of the graft to help restore the height and width of the space created by the tooth and bone loss, and into which new bone should grow. Once the socket has healed, the alveolar ridge can be prepared for dental implant placement.
A ridge augmentation procedure is typically performed local anaesthesia.
There are two types of ridge augmentation procedures: soft tissue and hard tissue. Occasionally, both types of ridge augmentation are performed at once.
- Soft tissue augmentation is usually done to improve the aesthetics of the site. Prior to the procedure, the area will be numbed. An incision is made to expose the site and a soft tissue graft is then obtained either from the palate (roof of the mouth) or another source. The graft is then placed into the area in need and secured with sutures.
- Hard tissue augmentation is performed to recreate adequate bone contouring prior to dental implants or other tooth replacement procedures. Prior to the procedure, the area will be numbed. An incision is made and the gum lifted away to expose the bony defect. A bone graft obtained either from another site within the mouth or a donor source is placed in the area receiving the graft. The site is then closed with sutures.
Healing time varies by patient and the size of the area repaired, but generally lasts between four and six months.
Ridge augmentation and socket preservation are important to create the dimension of bone to house future implants. Without ridge augmentation or socket preservation you will likely experience:
- Unnatural looking indentations in your gums and jaw.
- Problems recapturing the original appearance of your mouth.
- Bone resorption that requires more extensive bone grafting if you want dental implants in the future.
At Alluremedspa, we strive to care for your oral health, overall well-being and appearance. Our highly qualified dentists specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and management of gum disease; aesthetic periodontics; bone and gum regeneration; the most advanced periodontal procedures; and dental implants. We offer the finest care for our patients, utilizing cutting-edge techniques and the highest quality materials.
We respect your busy schedule and work to make your experience pleasant and pain free.
While clinical excellence and artistic integrity are perhaps the most important factors in choosing a cosmetic dentist, a dental practitioner should also have a good chairside manner. Our expert Dentists truly welcome patient’s inputs and make them active participants in the treatments so that they feel at ease.
3 stages of procedure
Your initial consultation paves the way for a smooth rapport between you and your maxillofacial surgeon. It is a must to develop confidence to go ahead with the Ridge augmentation.
Our highly qualified dental team will strive to make your Ridge Augmentation experience comfortable. Post procedure discomfort and swelling varies from patient to patient and all pain is minimized by prescribed medicines.
No maxillofacial treatment can stick to one standardized approach. The plan has to be tailor-made keeping in mind the condition of the patient’s jaw.
Possible Consequences/ Precautions
Slight swelling of the operated area is not unusual. Even bruising and chapped lips may occur. You may experience some tooth sensitivity after surgery, especially to cold. Sensitivity usually decreases within several weeks after surgery and can be minimized by keeping the area as free of plaque as possible. If the sensitivity is extreme, contact the doctor for recommendations or medications to relieve the discomfort.
AMS recommendation for best results
We will provide full postoperative instructions.
- You will need to limit physical activity for the first few days after surgery as this will help minimize bleeding and will aid healing.
- Minor bleeding, such as a pinkish tinge to your saliva, may occur during the first 48 hours following surgery. Avoid extremely hot foods for the rest of the day and do NOT rinse out your mouth, as these will often prolong the bleeding. If bleeding continues, apply light pressure to the area with a moistened gauze or moistened tea bag.
- Please follow a soft food diet, taking care to avoid the surgical area(s) when chewing. Chew on the opposite side and do NOT bite into food if the procedure was done in the front of the mouth.
- Avoid sticky, hard (such as ice cubes, nuts, popcorn, chips), brittle, spicy, highly seasoned, or acidic foods in your diet. Foods such as soups, pasta, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, macaroni & cheese etc. are best.
- Be sure to maintain adequate nutrition and drink plenty of fluids.
- Avoid alcohol (even beer and wine) and smoking until after your post-operative appointment. Smoking is not advised during the 7-14 days following surgery.
- Try to relax and practice the best oral hygiene possible and your healing should progress well.
The entire process, from tooth extraction to final dental implant placement, may take up to a year. The treatment results vary on a case to case basis.
No of sessions
The procedure is accomplished in one session but you will be called at regular intervals for a follow-up or to overview the prognosis.
Results will last for
Results once accomplished will last forever if proper oral hygiene and care is maintained.
Since confidentiality and utmost privacy of our clients are our prime ethics, Alluremedspa is the most favored choice of many celebrities for their corrective and cosmetic procedures.
Cost For Ridge correction
Alluremedspa which is renowned for its state-of-the-art internationally acclaimed services,offers affordable and cost effective Cosmetic Dentistry procedures. To know more about the cost of your procedure request a consult by filling the form below.Our dentists will be there to offer full explanations and answers to all of your queries.
The first step towards a beautiful, healthy smile is to schedule an appointment. Request a consultation right away: Book an appointment
Ridge Correction Quick facts
Are you the right fit for the procedure?
Some people do not have enough healthy natural bone to support dental implants. Patients usually need a ridge augmentation procedure after losing one or more teeth, to prepare for future dental restoration. Your dentist can guide you if you need ridge augmentation.
Are you ready to take decision or need help? Travel with decision makers.
In procedures where prior consent of immediate family is required, you will have to travel with the decision makers.
Ridge Augmentation entails a long recovery time. Patients must be prepared to give themselves enough time to heal and follow the post-procedure care instructions diligently.
Alluremedspa concierge service
Alluremedspa’s clientele comprises of local, out-of-town patients. A good percentage of patients also ‘fly-in’ from out of the country to have Dental treatments from our renowned dentists.
We are pleased to offer and arrange comfortable lodging, restaurant, and commuting to ensure a memorable pre-and post-treatment experience for our out-of-country patients. Please feel free to contact the Counsellor +91 8291863158 for assistance with any of your travel and planning needs.
Next Consultation if required
At Alluremedspa, our support doesn’t end with your achieving your dentistry goals. For more information on Cosmetic Dentistry treatments and our extensive aftercare program or to Book an appointment , call Alluremedspa at: +91 8291863158
- What is Ridge correction procedure?
The procedure is done to correct your facial gum line. In case you have lost a jaw bone, or want to improve oral condition or are planning to do a dental implant, you can undergo the Ridge correction procedure.
- How long will the procedure take to complete?
The procedure is done within some hour and will take few visits to the dentist.
- Will it help to improve my gum line?
Yes, the procedure will help in improving the structure of your gum.
- Can I undergo Dental Implant treatment after that?
Yes, it is better to undergo Ridge Correction surgery before the dental implant procedure.
- Is there any side effects?
There are no side effects of this procedure.
- Will I feel pain while conducting the procedure?
There might be certain pain after the procedure is done but you will be provided with medications and infused anesthesia during the treatment.
- Is the result long lasting?
Yes, the result will be long lasting and you will have to maintain proper dental care for good health of your teeth.